[OFFER] Windows Media Player 8 Build 4477

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
johnleakedfan

[OFFER] Windows Media Player 8 Build 4477

Post by johnleakedfan »

I found this Build of Media Player:This Will not be accepted to the FTP, but I will have it for download

Link to download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8990h6t9a69nf6f
Last edited by johnleakedfan on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Re: [OFFER] Windows Media Player 8 Build 4477

Post by Archenemy »

The file won't be accepted to the ftp since it isn't dumped from original media.
EDIT: Read the contribution guidelines:
1. The software has to be properly dumped using recommended software:
Floppy: Raw image using WinImage, dd or similar software producing an img/ima file. If you have a KryoFlux device (or similiar) a stream dump will be preferred.
CD/DVD: Alcohol 120% (MDF format), CloneCD or CloneDVD (CCD fomat). No ISO format unless it's provided as such by the vendor.
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

Archenemy wrote:The file won't be accepted to the ftp since it isn't dumped from original media.
Floppy: Raw image using WinImage, dd or similar software producing an img/ima file. If you have a KryoFlux device (or similiar) a stream dump will be preferred.
CD/DVD: Alcohol 120% (MDF format), CloneCD or CloneDVD (CCD fomat). No ISO format unless it's provided as such by the vendor.
I am very excited to know where the heck could you get WMP betas on a CD.

Nashville

Post by Nashville »

Windows Media Player EXE from CD??? I didn't know for that.

EXE file should be packed in media_install.rar and accepted, because it's legal EXE.
My wanted stuff (original media):

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 SP4 (aka SP1a)

Ahmed Jebara
Donator

Post by Ahmed Jebara »

Archenemy wrote:The file won't be accepted to the ftp since it isn't dumped from original media.
Where on earth you got the idea that Media Player was ever sold on CDs? There's a website called google, probably a little tiny googling won't hurt next time?
%1

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

That applies only to FTP applications, otherwise members can upload betas even if they are not as an original media dump.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

johnleakedfan

Post by johnleakedfan »

mrpijey wrote:
That applies only to FTP applications, otherwise members can upload betas even if they are not as an original media dump.
I did not know that, thanks for telling me