[GALLERY LEAK] Windows Technical Preview build 9834

New news and release discussion.
maxtorix
Donator

[GALLERY LEAK] Windows Technical Preview build 9834

Post by maxtorix »

Softpedia wrote:Windows 9 Preview will be released for download later this month, but the very first screenshots showing the upcoming build in action are already here.

As you can see for yourselves by browsing the screenshots in the gallery, the preview build of Windows 9 indeed includes many of the rumored features, among which a notification center and multiple desktops.

German site computerbase.de has published the screenshots earlier today, claiming that they are part of Windows 9 Technical Preview build 9834.

While nobody can confirm whether they’re real or not, chances are that they do show the upcoming OS build, as Microsoft is said to be giving the final touches to the testing version.

Start menu and multiple desktops

Even though it was rumored that Windows 9 Preview might not come with a Start menu, it appears that it’s already there in build number 9834, featuring a design that’s very similar to what the company itself presented at the BUILD 2014 conference in April.

The Start menu mixes the classic Windows 7 design with modern elements such as live tiles, thus helping users adapt faster to the new operating system, no matter if they like Windows 8 or Windows 7 more.

At the same time, the leaked screenshots also show the new multiple desktops in action, with a switcher at the bottom of the screen allowing users to jump from one desktop to another.

Chances are that some keyboard shortcuts or possible mouse gestures could be also be implemented, but it remains to be seen whether the full functionality will be available in the Preview or not.

The notification center is also available in the testing build, playing the same role as in Windows Phone 8.1 and promising to keep users up to date with what’s happening on their computers.

More features to be added at a later time

Windows 9 Preview will launch at the end of the month, but at this point it’s not yet clear whether the company is planning to make all the new features that you can see in these screenshots available to all users or whether they could be released at a later time.

Word is that the company will, however, introduce new options as it completes their development, with a new update system implemented in Windows 9 to help deliver fresh features to users.

At the same time, it appears that Microsoft is working to create user subsets depending on the feedback they send and deliver features only to specific customers, in order to make Windows address their needs better.

Keep in mind that although they might seem real, nobody can guarantee that these screenshots are not fake. As usual, Microsoft doesn’t want to comment on such reports, so consider yourselves warned.
GALLERY:

(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Re: [GALLERY LEAK] Windows Technical Preview build 9834

Post by Archenemy »

Neat find. Can you upload it to the ftp?
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

i get 404 for most pics here

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

For the love of god change the setup caption buttons already.
wasabilee wrote:i get 404 for most pics here
Append .jpg
Archenemy wrote:Neat find. Can you upload it to the ftp?
Do you seriously think he has it? Those are just pictures which are *watermarked* with a site name so it’s obvious it’s not his

Courage

Post by Courage »

If it's real, it's more like an 'Windows 8.5' than 'Windows 9' at this point, IMHO.

If it's not real, it's quite convincing.
Offtopic Comment
Please MS, redesign the setup program. This has been overdue since August 2011.

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

wow, where did the window borders go? xD

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

What amazes me is that it just says "Windows" and doesn't have 9 or anything else. I am kind of curious though: What kind of desktop UI design are they working on? I can tell there is a big difference, and I believe they are starting to make it look a little bit more like the Metro/Modern UI, although that should have been done for Windows 8/8.1. The Start Menu looks pretty good too, but always keep in mind that this is just the technical preview. I believe there are some bigger and better things ahead when the beta comes out :D If you look closely too, they changed the explorer.exe icon!!!

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

LeoaprM95 wrote:wow, where did the window borders go? xD
nowhere
they're reduced to 1px
you can pretty much do that on xp too :P

@giantsteen
IMO ux-wise they are again blowing it out
again no pc user friendly look but again tablet ugly crap advantage

icon-wise, who ever tells 8/9's are nicer than vista/7 is insane

Jan4V

Post by Jan4V »

is there metro?

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

giantsteen wrote:What amazes me is that it just says "Windows" and doesn't have 9 or anything else.
/me points at Win 8 M2/M3/DP/CP/RP

the_dj21

Post by the_dj21 »

Windows 9 hasn't many new functionality... There is not enough new functionality for a new Windows.
Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows and after we will have Midori or an another kernel... I'm sure.

So on this new kernel "classic win32 x86 software" can't be used but with some trick, we can use WinRT software on this new kernel ?

supra107

Post by supra107 »

Mmm, time for some sweet sweet tasty juicy leaks :)

The start menu looks reaaally nice.

Also, they should make the menu start and windows transparent too.

The alt-tab switching looks REAAALLY AWESOME.

And FOR THE LOVE OF ALMIGTHY GOD WHY THEY DIDN'T CHANGED THE GODDAMN REGISTRY EDITOR ICON YET!?!

Seriously, this GODDAMN icon wasn't touched sine it was introduced. Seriously. WHY.
Heroes of Might and Magic III for life!

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Because it doesn't need to be changed?

I like the thin window borders a lot :)
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

giantsteen wrote:What amazes me is that it just says "Windows" and doesn't have 9 or anything else.
Windows 8 was like that too. It was just "Microsoft Pre-release Windows Operating System", "Windows Developer Preview", etc. until the late builds.

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

I quoted whole text from Softpedia (link in the name). I just share the news. That's all, I didn't have it :(.
(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

supra107

Post by supra107 »

Wheatley wrote:I like the thin window borders a lot :)
Yea, they are VERY minimalistic. And i like minimalistic stuff :)
Heroes of Might and Magic III for life!

dw5304
Donator

Post by dw5304 »

you tube video appears to have leaked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--wgAsHWNRE

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Seems that MS is now returning to the old desktop UI... But I don't see why people hate the start screen.

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

Btw, full tag: 6.4.9834.fbl_partner_eeap.140908-0936

And the leaker screwed up, dailytech managed to use software from adobe to remove a blur over the ID, and got ec967275c53a5e576

edit: whoops, fixed, missed out a 0 in the buildtag. that's what happens when you rush :)

classiconthebox

Post by classiconthebox »

giantsteen wrote:What amazes me is that it just says "Windows" and doesn't have 9 or anything else
It's only an early preview program, it's understandable it doesn't have the version name. I just hope they change the color of the logo to a darker shade of blue or to a light olive green, because I'm sick of this sky blue color (I see this color in a lot of modern logos and brands today).

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

By the looks of it, the top bar of the Windowed Metro apps are what they are aiming to change the interface to in the desktop apps (I think it looks better). Also you can see that the DWM animations have changed.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

The Distractor wrote:Btw, full tag: 6.4.9834.fbl_partner_eeap.14908-0936

And the leaker screwed up, dailytech managed to use software from adobe to remove a blur over the ID, and got ec967275c53a5e576
If the leaker was smart he would just mess around the registry key that generates the hash, you can change it even after you installed a build

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

I still think this is fake. For one, it doesn't mention in the original article where it was leaked from.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

ExplicitNuM5 wrote:I still think this is fake. For one, it doesn't mention in the original article where it was leaked from.
Are you kidding...there have been videos released. If you think that it's not real then I don't know what you're thinking...

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

Well, it's kind of fishy, so...
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5