[REQUEST] Crystal Tools (Code-Named White Engine)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
yourepicfailure
Donator

[REQUEST] Crystal Tools (Code-Named White Engine)

Post by yourepicfailure »

I'm looking around for the game engine/SDK. This engine was used in Final Fantasy 13, -2, -3 and the first release of 14. Yes I realize the engine/SDK isn't released publicly, but someone is bound to have it put up in some semi-public FTP server.
The engine somewat counts as Abandonware because it was ditched for a better engine in FF15.
Offtopic Comment
"Prefer Eastern anime-like games/engines over the realistic try-hard Western ones"
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

MikeGao
Donator

Re: [REQUEST] Crystal Tools (Code-Named White Engine)

Post by MikeGao »

I have the source of Final Fantasy. But my version doesn't seem to be complete...
Sorry I can't help you on this

daxgr

Post by daxgr »

Which version? If you have the source of a game that use Crystal Tools then you also have the source to the engine (if it's not just headers and and API to the engine)
I'm looking for PS3/X360-gen game engines with source or just the ability to cook for consoles. What can I say, I LOVE CONSOLES.

MikeGao
Donator

Post by MikeGao »

daxgr wrote:Which version? If you have the source of a game that use Crystal Tools then you also have the source to the engine (if it's not just headers and and API to the engine)
Final fantasy 13.
Damn. The source is so incomplete that it doesn't have game engines included

daxgr

Post by daxgr »

MikeGao wrote:
daxgr wrote:Which version? If you have the source of a game that use Crystal Tools then you also have the source to the engine (if it's not just headers and and API to the engine)
Final fantasy 13.
Damn. The source is so incomplete that it doesn't have game engines included
Meh. That's a shame. I really like Console development related stuff, and Crystal Tools had the best landscape on the PS3 I had seen when FFXIII was released.
I'm looking for PS3/X360-gen game engines with source or just the ability to cook for consoles. What can I say, I LOVE CONSOLES.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

MikeGao wrote:I have the source of Final Fantasy. But my version doesn't seem to be complete...
Do you have an idea of where you got it? I could do a little searching of that source and track off where they'd got it.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

MikeGao
Donator

Post by MikeGao »

yourepicfailure wrote:
MikeGao wrote:I have the source of Final Fantasy. But my version doesn't seem to be complete...
Do you have an idea of where you got it? I could do a little searching of that source and track off where they'd got it.
One of my friend knows a man works in Square ENIX...
I will try my best to at least help you to get the SDK

MikeGao
Donator

Post by MikeGao »

I am recently working on the blueside engine. That's really a nice one

MikeGao
Donator

Post by MikeGao »

yourepicfailure wrote:I'm looking around for the game engine/SDK. This engine was used in Final Fantasy 13, -2, -3 and the first release of 14. Yes I realize the engine/SDK isn't released publicly, but someone is bound to have it put up in some semi-public FTP server.
The engine somewat counts as Abandonware because it was ditched for a better engine in FF15.
I believe sdks are much easier to find. But sdks won't help you anyway. All you need is FULL SOURCE

DMJ001XX23KK

Post by DMJ001XX23KK »

yourepicfailure wrote:
Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 am
I'm looking around for the game engine/SDK. This engine was used in Final Fantasy 13, -2, -3 and the first release of 14. Yes I realize the engine/SDK isn't released publicly, but someone is bound to have it put up in some semi-public FTP server.
Offtopic Comment
"Prefer Eastern anime-like games/engines over the realistic try-hard Western ones"
Did you ever find a white engine version, and get it to work?