OS X Yosemite Beta is now available

New news and release discussion.
Boris
Donator

OS X Yosemite Beta is now available

Post by Boris »

As of July 24 2014, Apple has made the OS X Yosemite beta available to anyone who has signed up for the OS X Beta Program. This basically means that pre-release versions of OS X Yosemite will now have a wider availability when compared to the developer previews that were already seeded only to registered developers. However, certain new features like Handoff and Continuity will require the user to have the iOS 8 developer preview installed on their iOS devices, which is still only available to registered developers.

Users who've already signed up for the program received the following e-mail:
Good news! OS X Yosemite Beta is now ready for you to test-drive. Remember, this is beta software, so please carefully review the guidelines before you decide to install this pre‑release version of OS X. To get started, click the link below.
Get OS X Yosemite Beta

To learn more about OS X Yosemite Beta, you can visit the Program Guide, where you will find information about the Beta and how you can provide feedback.
Check out the OS X Beta Program Guide

We look forward to your feedback.
The OS X Team
You can get the OS X Yosemite beta by signing up on the official Beta Program page which can be found here. For those who've already signed up for the program: you can download the beta simply by signing in to your Apple ID (can be done on the same page). A guide covering some basic information about the beta can be found here.

A few bugs have already been reported by Apple, but I expect at least a few more will be found by committed beta collectors. :)

Good hunting!

esc1010

Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available

Post by esc1010 »

I gave mine away. I don't use OSX

Jensvde
Donator

Post by Jensvde »

I've just got mine, you can get as much codes as you want you just need to create another Apple ID

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

I ended up just downloading the DP2 from the FTP instead. Apple server won't let me finish my download without errors! :P :D
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

the_dj21

Post by the_dj21 »

Download the beta instead of the dp ;)

The_Dj21
Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows and after we will have Midori or an another kernel... I'm sure.

So on this new kernel "classic win32 x86 software" can't be used but with some trick, we can use WinRT software on this new kernel ?

esc1010

Post by esc1010 »

Is the beta any different to the DPs.

Boris
Donator

Post by Boris »

Mostly bug fixes as far as I know. The handoff feature in the last DP was supposedly malfunctioning for most people, but I don't know if those issues have been resolved in the beta. Best way to find out is to test the beta for yourself and compare it to the experiences you may have had with the DP's.

halohackz

Post by halohackz »

Beta is good, yes, glad to have OS X Yosemite, in full function now! this will make another great OS in my collection!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

the_dj21 wrote:Download the beta instead of the dp ;)

The_Dj21
Uh, what? The DP is a beta... and it's labeled as DP on the FTP as well. So whatever "beta" you see on the net is most likely a developer preview, a.k.a "dp".
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP