Stargate the Alliance Beta

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
KitsuneSnow

Stargate the Alliance Beta

Post by KitsuneSnow »

Is there any Beta for Stargate The Alliance online? The Game has been cancelled as far as i know but I have seen in TV an beta of the game

Gurluas

Re: Stargate the Alliance Beta

Post by Gurluas »

There is a beta out there, but it's not allowed to be released unfortunately.

dezodor

Post by dezodor »

but you can request some old stuff form devs. they gave it to some ppl who were brave enough to ask for it, why wouldn't they give it to you too :)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha

Gurluas

Post by Gurluas »

The guy who "released" it absolutely did not want it to end up on the internet.
So theres only videos and screenshots.

KitsuneSnow

Post by KitsuneSnow »

I was in the deep hope someone would have it and share it cause I am an huge Stargate Fan and I kinda like to Lets Play it

VendorX

Post by VendorX »

Gurluas wrote:The guy who "released" it absolutely did not want it to end up on the internet.
... he released, but he has not released ... so how this kind of 'release' work ..? ^o)

Because I only know one meaning of the word 'release'.

KitsuneSnow

Post by KitsuneSnow »

VendorX wrote:
Gurluas wrote:The guy who "released" it absolutely did not want it to end up on the internet.
... he released, but he has not released ... so how this kind of 'release' work ..? ^o)

Because I only know one meaning of the word 'release'.

Perhaps he "released" just some videos of the game but not the game itself?

borman18

Post by borman18 »

dezodor wrote:but you can request some old stuff form devs. they gave it to some ppl who were brave enough to ask for it, why wouldn't they give it to you too :)
Seeing as though Im one of the few with the game, Ill bite. It took me years to gain the trust of people to even get the correct contact email for people involved. I had to prove that I am trustworthy and not going to leak the game willy nilly to people. I had to give good reasons and show why I should have it in the first place, and it almost didnt happen despite being one of the most trustworthy and honest people doing this. After the other guy half-assed his videos, I was given the chance since I do things properly.
KitsuneSnow wrote:I was in the deep hope someone would have it and share it cause I am an huge Stargate Fan and I kinda like to Lets Play it
You overestimate how complete the game. It isn't playable from beginning to end. Heck, it isn't playable on an OS other than XP. There will be no Let's Playing. Videos that I take are captured properly with good hardware. They take multiple attempts to get passed points, as the game is incomplete and tends to crash a lot. The developers knew I would paint the game in the right light, and be bullish about the fact that it is incomplete.

If the developers want the game uploaded, I told them I was happy to help. But that hasn't happened, for good reason: The only reason I can keep my videos up is because I have them watching my back. They dont want some fan project to get a hold of everything and make something awful, especially with the unique voice assets that are included.

Go watch my videos and be happy those exist :P https://www.youtube.com/user/ptoponline

VendorX

Post by VendorX »

So, you have the source code or just beta?
borman18 wrote: ... good reason: The only reason I can keep my videos up is because I have them watching my back. They dont want some fan project to get a hold of everything and make something awful, especially with the unique voice assets that are included.
... NO COMMENT ...
Last edited by VendorX on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

borman18

Post by borman18 »

No source code.

VendorX

Post by VendorX »

... then where is the point of keeping this then years old Beta for yourself ? Because this 'good reason' from above is just ridiculous ... no offence. That's why there is an immense graveyard of leaking stuff out there just because people do not want to share. They keep all this good stuff for themselves for no good reason - you can not eat this ...
Only hope, someone will release it anonymously to the net.

borman18

Post by borman18 »

Edit: Nevermind, not worth my time. If you dont appreciate all I have done for the beta community, so be it, but I wont punish others because of the actions of one. Bottom line, developer relations trump whatever your own personal perception of preservation is.

dezodor

Post by dezodor »

I understand your points, I just said if they gave it to you, they could give it to anyone. In the rule of "we all keep ourselves to ourselves", If I don't want a stuff leaked ever, then I don't give it to anyone ever. You can't be sure you are the only one who promised them it won't get leaked ever. My stupid brain just tells me they wanted it otherwise, since they can't release it themselves. Meh this is my first speculation post \o/ I never make such.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha

borman18

Post by borman18 »

dezodor wrote:I understand your points, I just said if they gave it to you, they could give it to anyone. In the rule of "we all keep ourselves to ourselves", If I don't want a stuff leaked ever, then I don't give it to anyone ever. You can't be sure you are the only one who promised them it won't get leaked ever. My stupid brain just tells me they wanted it otherwise, since they can't release it themselves. Meh this is my first speculation post \o/ I never make such.
They could, but they haven't. They gave it to one other person who half-assed their coverage. If you want to ask them for the game, feel free. It isn't anything personal, I dont hold this game "hostage" or anything like that, I have $0 invested in this.

The developers and I are adults. We have the ability to communicate. I specifically told them should the day come when you want the game out there, say the word. They haven't. Simple, I don't get why this is a discussion. They took a calculated risk in trusting me, because they did want their vision, their game shared in ways that are legal for them, which are the videos that you can watch.

One measly game means nothing to me. Could I leak it? Sure, but what good comes of that? People can poke at it but ultimately the well dries up, no more games can be preserved because I broke my promise. I'm sorry, but that isn't worth it. And Im not going to risk ruining the careers of the team that made the game just so people on an Internet forum can play it.

Gurluas

Post by Gurluas »

Hopefully one day the game can get released once lawsuits and disputes over the ownership and such ends.
Hopefully such a day is close with the Stargate reboot and all.

amrkada1

Post by amrkada1 »

maybe one day someone leaked it on the net and we all play it and complet there work

Gurluas

Post by Gurluas »

We can only hope.

Josepho93

Post by Josepho93 »

The main issue lies with the lawsuits involved, if this is leaked, the creators could find themselves up [censored] creek without a paddle in the legal sense, Borman is correct, and why should he devalue the work he put in to get the trust and respect of such developers.

If you were intent on getting a copy, it should stand to reason that you put in just as many if not moar hours as he did.

On that not Borman can i have that developers emails?... kidding of course, hehe. Seriously though, enjoyed your videos, good work. :)

borman18

Post by borman18 »

Josepho93 wrote:The main issue lies with the lawsuits involved, if this is leaked, the creators could find themselves up [censored] creek without a paddle in the legal sense, Borman is correct, and why should he devalue the work he put in to get the trust and respect of such developers.

If you were intent on getting a copy, it should stand to reason that you put in just as many if not moar hours as he did.

On that not Borman can i have that developers emails?... kidding of course, hehe. Seriously though, enjoyed your videos, good work. :)
Hah if you knew how long it took to get proper emails... :P

RanCorX2

Post by RanCorX2 »

I remember reading about the beta, very sad it never got released.

seriously doubt lawsuits would happen if it was released now.

it's a very incomplete release of a cancelled ollllllllld game. my guess if you just don't want to share it for some odd reason. either that or you are just paranoid. wouldn't be classed as leaking now anyway, as the videos and screen shots have been on the internet for ages now.

been wanting to play the beta for years, looks like it'll never happen....

borman18

Post by borman18 »

Don't talk about things that you don't know about. The threat of a lawsuit is very, very real, having seen a cease and desist or two in my life. MGM doesn't like fan games, let alone their actual property. I couldn't care less if the game leaked. I have been completely honest, having done more for prototypes than you seem to realize. I was given the game to do screenshots and video, nothing more. If the developer woke up tomorrow and said leak it, I would find a way of getting it out there, but that hasn't happened. You can believe me, or not, but the trust that I build between myself and the developers who work on these games is far more important than getting a single game out there.

Gurluas

Post by Gurluas »

I need a mind control device to make the Developer say "Borman, Leak it!" xD

borman18

Post by borman18 »

But I mean really, if the developers wanted to, they could leak it themselves. But clearly they aren't as confident in the ability to say anonymous as everyone else who hasn't dealt with prototypes seems to be hah. There is no grand conspiracy here, Ive uploaded plenty of things in the past and gotten in plenty of trouble for it.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I suggest everyone stops badgering borman18 about this leak. If he doesn't want to leak it (for any reasons he might see fit) then there's no leak, it's as simple as that. And we can only hope that the future gives us an opportunity where this game can be shared with the world.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

VendorX

Post by VendorX »

Yeah, it's clear the guy never had this game, only some 'screenshots and video, nothing more' - case closed ...