Emails arriving to spam on Gmail

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
darkweaver

Emails arriving to spam on Gmail

Post by darkweaver »

Hello,

I just wanted to note that both my Activation Email and Password Reset Email went directly to Spam on Gmail account.

First I found the activation email and clicked "This is not spam", but then I needed to make the password reset and again it went into spam. Dunno what may be the reason, perhaps something in the mail headers or contect is getting Gmail's spam filter attention. Just wanted to let you know!

Cheers!

trifle

Re: Emails arriving to spam on Gmail

Post by trifle »

Same here. But after I moved one to inbox, the next went straight to inbox. Who knows why gmail does what they do. Getting answers from them is not easy.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

This usually happens because of the amount of e-mails sent to Google from our server. If you tell Google you want to keep it then they will always put it into your inbox from then on.

darkweaver

Post by darkweaver »

For me clicking "This is not spam" didn't help. All later emails also went directly into spam.

What helped was adding "noreply@betaarchive.com" to my contact list. Now the messages are marked as 'important' :P