[REQUEST] Microsoft Creative Writer 2 iso

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Morea

[REQUEST] Microsoft Creative Writer 2 iso

Post by Morea »

Hi everybody!! I'm so honored to have access to the FTP server! Can somebody post the original iso of Microsoft Creative Writer 2, a Microsoft Home software that consists in a text editor for children. On the FTP server there is the version 1.0, but I'm searching for the 2.0! Does someone own it and can post it? Thank you so much! :D

SoftWitch

Re: [REQUEST] Microsoft Creative Writer 2 iso

Post by SoftWitch »

May I chime in and enhance your request to the program Fine Artist from the same series? :)

PS: I have fround out that Creative Writer from the FTP is a PC/Mac multiplatform disc image… have fun, Mac users :)
Please don't forget to be respectful to each other.

DJ Deedahx
Donator

Post by DJ Deedahx »

SoftWitch wrote:May I chime in and enhance your request to the program Fine Artist from the same series? :)

PS: I have fround out that Creative Writer from the FTP is a PC/Mac multiplatform disc image… have fun, Mac users :)
You mean Creative Writer v1.1? I haven't found any Macintosh-related stuff on it! :| How did you find this out?
DDX — 86Box Staff/Power User & YouTube Channel Manager

SoftWitch

Post by SoftWitch »

Yes, it's 1.1, taken from the FTP.

I run Mac OS X. When I wanted to mount the image, in order to see the files, the OS suddenly mounted a Mac image portion and displayed Mac contents (long file names, setup program as Classic app, working Mac font suitcase).

After that I checked it in DOSbox to make sure it's not a Mac only version, but it shows a different directory structure (8.3 file names) and setup.exe there, which works on Windows 3.1.

And all that on a standard ISO image. ;)

abandonware
Donator

Post by abandonware »

On Amazon there are several for sale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all At the moment is the only thing that I can contribute, sorry :(
I'm looking for PC abandonware software, applications, OS, CAD, word processing, spreadsheets, programming, educational software, databases, sound or graphics editors, file managers, etc. If you have some old software or collection please share it.

DJ Deedahx
Donator

Post by DJ Deedahx »

SoftWitch wrote:Yes, it's 1.1, taken from the FTP.

I run Mac OS X. When I wanted to mount the image, in order to see the files, the OS suddenly mounted a Mac image portion and displayed Mac contents (long file names, setup program as Classic app, working Mac font suitcase).

After that I checked it in DOSbox to make sure it's not a Mac only version, but it shows a different directory structure (8.3 file names) and setup.exe there, which works on Windows 3.1.

And all that on a standard ISO image. ;)
*checks again* :(

If I use WinRAR (for the moment I'm using 3.80), will it actually show Mac files in there?
DDX — 86Box Staff/Power User & YouTube Channel Manager

SoftWitch

Post by SoftWitch »

Dunno, but I can't see them in my archiver. Only when mounting directly via Mac OS. Even Disk Tool shows only one simple partition. Seems like a filesystem specialty.

Update: Found out that MS Fine Artist on the FTP is also cross-platform :D