Secret of Vulcan Fury

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
nightshade89

Secret of Vulcan Fury

Post by nightshade89 »

Has there ever been a beta of Secret of Vulcan Fury? I remember seeing the trailors for the game way on back when I first got Star Trek Judgement Rites on CD. It looked like it would have been a great game. I read somewhere that the complete dialogue for the game exists in a completed state somewhere. If that's the case, someone should do a kickstarter to try and bring back this game.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Secret of Vulcan Fury

Post by mrpijey »

No, the game never materialised outside their studio except in advertisements. They canned the game before it completed.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

nightshade89

Post by nightshade89 »

That's Sad. It's too bad they can't get a hold of the script and try and remake it, even if they could turn it into a campaign/Featured Episode Arc for STO, that would be cool

jwa4

Post by jwa4 »

The cast did record the audio but beyond that there was very little to show for its time in development (anything playable that is), considering what happened to Interplay over the following years its likely that these resources no longer exist.

I did read once that D. C. Fontana had asked for clearance to release a novel based on the games script but I never saw any follow up to that.

nightshade89

Post by nightshade89 »

Even a novel would be nice, Releasing a trailer like that and then cancelling the game was just plain mean

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

For those of you that hasn't seen it, here's the trailer:

[youtube2]http://youtu.be/TTlBeMWrEEw[/youtube2]
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DarkOverlord

Post by DarkOverlord »

If i remember there where images of this game inside of the star trek starfleet academy case, sad its never came to be. here some more info about the game and its Cancellation http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Tr ... ulcan_Fury

jwa4

Post by jwa4 »

Yea, the advert was on the SFA CD case.... its funny that the (I'll be kind) poor sales/press reception of SFA contributed in some part to the demise of VF and came very close to ending another Star Trek game (Klingon Academy) in development at the time. The Star Trek license really started to turn sour for Interplay, it's a shame really - there was so much potential.

The various developers who worked on these games were exceptionally talented but they were only able to do so much when faced with limited resources and management that refused to listen to them.

Thraxeman

Post by Thraxeman »

There are many videos of Vulcan Fury on Youtube apparently:

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 460761B54A[/YouTube]