I installed Windows Whistler build 2419 in VMware but...

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Morea

I installed Windows Whistler build 2419 in VMware but...

Post by Morea »

...when I have to logon there is "Administrator" user and I have to type the password. But I haven't add the user password so I can't use Whistler! What I have to do now? :(

Overdoze

Re: I installed Windows Whistler build 2419 in VMware but...

Post by Overdoze »

Re-install.

I do recall something related happening to me as well on some early Whistler builds. Basically, if you don't specify at least one name in the OOBE, it won't create any accounts other than admin and I was locked out of the system.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

I'd try clicking the logon button even if there isn't a password. It prompts for a password, but doesn't actually need one. Very interesting failsafe for passwords. Just like pressing ctrl-alt-delete on windows xp spy welcome screen, typing Administrator in the user box and logging in. Wants a password, but doesn't actually need one. Now this may work, or this'll end up like me trying to log into the "Malisa" account in newer windows, or maybe not quite. (needed a new hard drive after I was "through" with the computer)
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

try booting in Safe mode ( press F8 as the computer boots and choose Safe Mode), then see if you can create a new user account,make it a Administrator account,then delete the original account.
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Try logging in without a password, see if that works.
Offtopic Comment
I wouldn't use VMWare for Whistler. I would use VPC2007