Doom 4 beta will be available

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
selmas

Doom 4 beta will be available

Post by selmas »

... to those who pre-purchase Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Euronymous

Re: Doom 4 beta will be available

Post by Euronymous »

Yes, that's been known for quite a while.

It costs like $80 to pre-order it over here and the only reason I would honestly buy it is for the Doom 4 beta. So I'm just going to wait and see if someone leaks it.
Pink Pink

Cyberwizard2k11

Post by Cyberwizard2k11 »

they should make demos instead of betas.... i won't buy a game to get the beta access to another game.

exubrax

Post by exubrax »

Cyberwizard2k11 wrote:they should make demos instead of betas.... i won't buy a game to get the beta access to another game.
Its a shame that demos have gone away, especially considering that the internet is so much better now than it was when demos were common. We all know that what they say is a "beta" isnt a beta, but just a somewhat polished multiplayer build. Either way it would be sweet to get my hands on this even if its through illegal means.

doom1234321

Post by doom1234321 »

Hope someone uploads it to the server, because the e3 video of doom 4, at least the trailer, was awesome.

Cyberwizard2k11

exubrax wrote:
Cyberwizard2k11 wrote:they should make demos instead of betas.... i won't buy a game to get the beta access to another game.
Its a shame that demos have gone away, especially considering that the internet is so much better now than it was when demos were common. We all know that what they say is a "beta" isnt a beta, but just a somewhat polished multiplayer build. Either way it would be sweet to get my hands on this even if its through illegal means.
so true beta that must be bought just to try the game, isn't a way to make the game known. demos at least offered a certain quality and stability of an gaming point of view.

demos were the marketing argument to sell a game, now they sell beta of an very early stage of the development, so the gameplay could be remade just to please console players or whatever BS reason.

immorton
Donator

Post by immorton »

I think demo's should still be around because they help sell the final product. Also I don't mind paying for another game to get into the beta. There's still an element of helping sell the final product. And if your interested in both games meaning the one you need to buy to get in the other's beta its a double winner I say.
Anything is possible, because you have eternity.

En Ex

Post by En Ex »

There's been no word on what the beta will be, right? Single-player vs. multiplayer?

I'm assuming more details will be revealed at this year's Quakecon, like dating (for the demo) and all that.
doom1234321 wrote:Hope someone uploads it to the server, because the e3 video of doom 4, at least the trailer, was awesome.
Despite the trailer being CG, one can certainly hope that the Cyberdemon will look at least somewhat as good in game.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Does this beta even exist? The game itself has already been released, so where's that beta then? I have not seen it anywhere really, and even the developers said that their priority of Doom development was at a very low...
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

En Ex

Post by En Ex »

mrpijey wrote:Does this beta even exist? The game itself has already been released, so where's that beta then? I have not seen it anywhere really, and even the developers said that their priority of Doom development was at a very low...
The only information Bethesda has released so far regarding the Doom 4 beta is here.
I’VE JUST PICKED UP MY PRE-ORDERED VERSION OF WOLFENSTEIN, WHERE’S MY DOOM BETA KEY?

A key code is located on an insert inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. Visit wolfenstein.com and follow the instructions on the site. Once you complete that process, you’ll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Additional terms and conditions may apply, please visit wolfenstein.com/doom periodically for updated information.
So, at the moment, they're letting you register for it, they just haven't said when you're going to get to play it. But considering the backlash there would be if they promised beta access as a Wolf preorder incentive and then it didn't happen, I'm going to assume they're sincere about providing beta access.

Like said, they should get into more specifics at this year's Quakecon.

Cyberwizard2k11

apparently doom 4 beta has started but i haven't found an official statement, if someone from our community has it it would be nice if they could release on the ftp so we could all try at least once. i've got wolfenstein: the new order from steam but after a certain that doesn't give give doom 4 beta...

Euronymous

Post by Euronymous »

Where did you hear that from?
Pink Pink

Cyberwizard2k11

I've read on a private irc but unfortunately i can't say if it's true or not! the only thing that i can confirm is that doom key are being sent http://wolfforums.bethsoft.com/topic/30 ... key-email/

Euronymous

Post by Euronymous »

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for that!

I wonder if we'll get any leaked footage if it.
Pink Pink

InsertGoodNameHere

Post by InsertGoodNameHere »

;)
Don't visit much, if ever.

Looking to contact me? Shoot me a PM on reddit (here).

Cyberwizard2k11

why is this image so pixeled? it feels fake to me.... can't you give a better screenshot?

rhobariii
Donator

Post by rhobariii »

First, look at the red behind the text.
Then in the area with no text.
Feels fake to me.

InsertGoodNameHere

Lesson learned:

Never take a picture with Snipping Tool.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Snipping tool is quite handy actually. Just save in PNG next time ;)
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

InsertGoodNameHere

Wheatley wrote:Snipping tool is quite handy actually. Just save in PNG next time ;)
Thanks! :D

PNG edition:

Different Lesson:

Snipping Tool's OK, just not JPEG. I think? :?

Edit: After comparing PNG and JPEG, I think that everyone can agree that the second picture looks better. (The PNG one)

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

InsertGoodNameHere wrote:Thanks! :D

PNG edition:

Different Lesson:

Snipping Tool's OK, just not JPEG. I think? :?

Edit: After comparing PNG and JPEG, I think that everyone can agree that the second picture looks better. (The PNG one)
Uhh.. did you seriously just change the extension? The compression is still there.

@Cyberwizard2k11, rhobarii: Ever heard of JPEG compression?

rhobariii
Donator

Post by rhobariii »

Lukas Marsik wrote:@Cyberwizard2k11, rhobarii: Ever heard of JPEG compression?
Well what is better? Checking if the image is not fake, or having a fake image and not caring?

InsertGoodNameHere

rhobariii wrote:
Lukas Marsik wrote:@Cyberwizard2k11, rhobarii: Ever heard of JPEG compression?
Well what is better? Checking if the image is not fake, or having a fake image and not caring?
...Or just realising that I do not have the skills, or the determination, to recreate the thank you for signing up to the Doom 4 Beta screen?

Cyberwizard2k11

hostly snipping tools are nice but i don't like it specially if you wish to show the real thing i would prefer a nice big screenshot edited with black line over whatever you deem private login name on website, stuff like that than just getting partial screen by snipping a small area.

But thanks anyway for posting your "thank you for signing up to the Doom 4 Beta screen".

Hope to not have offended you, but still got a doubt.

InsertGoodNameHere

Cyberwizard2k11 wrote:hostly snipping tools are nice but i don't like it specially if you wish to show the real thing i would prefer a nice big screenshot edited with black line over whatever you deem private login name on website, stuff like that than just getting partial screen by snipping a small area.

But thanks anyway for posting your "thank you for signing up to the Doom 4 Beta screen".

Hope to not have offended you, but still got a doubt.
No, you didn't offend me.
Although, I may have sounded a little annoyed in my last post.
Also, if you have a doubt, well, there's nothing I can do, sorry :)