Longhorn Helpcenter prototypes

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Melcher
Donator

Longhorn Helpcenter prototypes

Post by Melcher »

Hi guys,

recently I found some cool helpcenter prototypes in builds 4015 and 4033. You might want to check them out on http://longhorn.us.to/articles/helpsup.html ^^

Leoapr

betaluva
Donator

Re: Longhorn Helpcenter prototypes

Post by betaluva »

cool, very interesting.
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

DJ Deedahx
Donator

Post by DJ Deedahx »

In this article, it also mentions that Avalon will not render in build 4028-4029. But it does work on 4033.
DDX — 86Box Staff/Power User & YouTube Channel Manager

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

DJ Deedahx wrote:In this article, it also mentions that Avalon will not render in build 4028-4029. But it does work on 4033.
Read the article. Enough said. Literally the sentence after the 4028-4029 one is about rendering on 4033:

WindowsNeptune
Donator

Post by WindowsNeptune »

Why DELL again? Maybe Microsoft designed it for DELL? I also remember the Neptune 5111 had a page which also contained DELL.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

WindowsNeptune wrote:Why DELL again? Maybe Microsoft designed it for DELL? I also remember the Neptune 5111 had a page which also contained DELL.
Neptune has nothing with DELL. Whistler 2250-2296 have the StartPage which has a DELL logo.

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

I know some of the early Longhorn prototypes also have some Dell stuff. For example one video shows a Dell Precision workstation.

Windows_OS_X_Wheezy

Post by Windows_OS_X_Wheezy »

Probably because they were the biggest PC manufacturer back then. If you go into any schools, institutions or even homes from that period you're most likely to see a Dell.
It's interesting, the difference between the "centres" of Neptune and Longhorn and the "hubs" of Windows Phone/RT/8.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Microsoft often did work with OEMs whilst developing the next version of Windows - for example, consider the Athens PC prototype in the Longhorn era as well, which was a joint project with HP.