How to get Twilight Princess E3 Demo to work

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
jagotu

How to get Twilight Princess E3 Demo to work

Post by jagotu »

As some of you may know, on the FTP there's a Legend Of Zelda, The - Twilight Princess (E3) (beta demo). But if you try to load it using Dolphin or on real Wii, you'll only get a black screen.
Here's how to fix it:
1. Open the ISO using your favorite HEX editor
2. Go to location 0x0F800450
3. Change RDZE to DZDE
4. Save and enjoy!

Or, if you're too lazy to do this, just use this XDelta patch. (The patch was created on an ISO with removed update partition, so use at your own risk)

A nice screenshot from Dolphin @ 1080p:
Thanks LukinoZ for the screenshot and patch!
Last edited by jagotu on Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows TEN - Totally Erroneous Numbering
Always watching you...

The Distractor

Re: How to get Twilight Princess E3 Demo to work

Post by The Distractor »

...so the ISO is fakesigned, and therefore not original?

...also, I thought Wii ISOs were encrypted, unless that location is in the middle of the TMD or ticket?

xZEROx

Post by xZEROx »

The Distractor wrote:...so the ISO is fakesigned, and therefore not original?

...also, I thought Wii ISOs were encrypted, unless that location is in the middle of the TMD or ticket?
Apparently so, and yes, yes they are.
I'm hunting for a very elusive build of Longhorn, build 3663 to be exact. Please PM me if you have any information whatsoever!

Errorjack

Post by Errorjack »

It works, nice! Sadly it's not the exact one from when the game was the Gamecube way. This one seems a lot more finished and Midna has her sounds.

TheWindowsXPGuy

Post by TheWindowsXPGuy »

Errorjack wrote:It works, nice! Sadly it's not the exact one from when the game was the Gamecube way. This one seems a lot more finished and Midna has her sounds.
There were two Twilight Princess E3 demos, one from 2005 and one from 2006. Sadly the 2005 demo has not been found yet. :( I hope it is found someday along with the E3 2002 Wind Waker demo... :cool:

A beta of Skyward Sword, also from E3 (2011), leaked about two weeks before the final game was released. It's rare for first party Nintendo betas to leak like this.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

TheWindowsXPGuy wrote: A beta of Skyward Sword, also from E3 (2011), leaked about two weeks before the final game was released. It's rare for first party Nintendo betas to leak like this.
Shame I have no way of running Wii betas. I don't want to chip my console, nor do I have a spare external HDD :(
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Errorjack

Post by Errorjack »

Wheatley wrote:Shame I have no way of running Wii betas. I don't want to chip my console, nor do I have a spare external HDD :(
You can soft mod your Wii, it'll run modded discs too. You'll just need Neogamma. Neogamma runs both burned Wii and Gamecube games, even multi-disc GameCube games.
TheWindowsXPGuy wrote:A beta of Skyward Sword, also from E3 (2011), leaked about two weeks before the final game was released. It's rare for first party Nintendo betas to leak like this.
Yeah, I played that and there wasn't much of a difference between the two. The full game also leaked extremely early too.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Errorjack wrote:
Wheatley wrote:Shame I have no way of running Wii betas. I don't want to chip my console, nor do I have a spare external HDD :(
You can soft mod your Wii, it'll run modded discs too. You'll just need Neogamma. Neogamma runs both burned Wii and Gamecube games, even multi-disc GameCube games.
I have it softmodded already. Not sure how well Wii works with Dvd+RW:S though, as I bought a pack of them for other purposes, and have had problems on the wii when I did something I can't fully remember with DVD+RW:s. To be honest I forgot about neogamma as well :$
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Errorjack

Post by Errorjack »

Wheatley wrote:
Errorjack wrote:
I have it softmodded already. Not sure how well Wii works with Dvd+RW:S though, as I bought a pack of them for other purposes, and have had problems on the wii when I did something I can't fully remember with DVD+RW:s. To be honest I forgot about neogamma as well :$
I think it only works with DVD-R. You can try one disc though, not really a big issue. Neogamma is my babe <3

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Errorjack wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
Errorjack wrote:
I think it only works with DVD-R. You can try one disc though, not really a big issue. Neogamma is my babe <3
Nope, doesn't work. Oh well, I'll try again when I have money to buy dvd-r:s.

jagotu

Post by jagotu »

If you have a black one or a newer Wii, it won't read any burned disc (the drive's firmware misses these commands, so it's technically impossible).
Windows TEN - Totally Erroneous Numbering
Always watching you...

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

jagotu wrote:If you have a black one or a newer Wii, it won't read any burned disc (the drive's firmware misses these commands, so it's technically impossible).
I don't. It's one of the white ones.