A Post-RTM Windows 8 Build's Screenshot

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
th1r5bvn23

A Post-RTM Windows 8 Build's Screenshot

Post by th1r5bvn23 »

Hi,this is my first post in BetaArchive. :D
There is a Post-RTM Windows 8 Build's screenshot.
As you can see, it's in Traditional Chinese and its build number is 9220. It's Pro Edition. This screenshot was found in a Chinese forum called PCBeta. There isn't any other information about this build. We only know its build number. It may be Windows "Blue".
Sorry for my poor English. I'm a Chinese.
I want more Betas!

The Distractor

Re: A Post-RTM Windows 8 Build's Screenshot

Post by The Distractor »

I doubt this is real. It's just a winver screenshot, and it doesn't show the full tag.
(heck, winver in wzor's 7700 shots showed full buildtag!)

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

No timebomb? Interesting...
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

AlphaBeta wrote:No timebomb? Interesting...
Maybe because it's not a beta build.

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

Are you thing something like real post-rtm or maybe is better to said newer rtm build, but still not in pre-m1 branch from Windows 8 deployment process?
(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

CaptainPeanut
Donator

Post by CaptainPeanut »

I don't like things like
"OMGOMGOMG IT'S 9200.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001. IT'S BLUE!"
No it's not. It may be just a "test-for-something" build.

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

Where is the original link?

th1r5bvn23

Post by th1r5bvn23 »

Sorry. Here is the original link:
http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1184895-1-1.html

Maybe it is only a patch for Windows 8. But it's real.
I want more Betas!

tonychau77
Donator

Post by tonychau77 »

Original link found on pcbeta
http://bbs.pcbeta.com/forum.php?mod=vie ... id=1184895
That guy said that he had received 9300 and he will post it later.
PayPal account frozen count: 1

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

The Distractor wrote:I doubt this is real. It's just a winver screenshot, and it doesn't show the full tag.
(heck, winver in wzor's 7700 shots showed full buildtag!)
Actually, although I understand your doubts, I personally believe that more recent builds of Windows show the build tag in the lower right corner of the screen rather than the About Windows dialog box. If I remember correctly (still need to look back to be sure), the Developer Preview build of Windows 8 (Build 8102) was the first to only show the build tag on the desktop rather than within the About Windows dialog box.

However, this is indeed very interesting. Are there any details on what this is exactly (whether the upcoming Windows Blue update to Windows 8 or otherwise), and when it was compiled? I also remember PCBeta's screenshots of various Windows 8 builds back in the day, which would probably explain how they got this build (if it's real, that is, which I personally believe it is).

I will say this, though, that I have been searching for any real information (not "64-bit only, incremental updates only"-esque speculation or unfounded rumors) regarding the development of Windows past the RTM release of Windows 8, especially for Windows 9, but without any real luck until now. I'm glad that we finally got an actual screenshot of what appears to be a post-RTM build of Windows 8, and really, it was (in many ways) quite a nice Christmas gift to everyone here at BetaArchive for everyone to keep up to date with Microsoft's latest developments. :)

However, as much as I personally believe that this is real, then remember that whatever it is, it's still extremely early in its stage, and that we're still very far from having anything near a 7850-level build. Yet even despite this, they still must start somewhere... :)

th1r5bvn23

Post by th1r5bvn23 »

It's Windows Blue Pre-Alpha Branch!!!

But it was not be leaked,I don't know what way they can get it.
I want more Betas!

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

This guy Aaron Cajes has experience with crashing mozilla nightly version 19 on Windows 8 RTM build 9220!

Here you can see the crash report.

Maybe this isn't any kind of proof, but I don't see a reason why this guy would lie for firefox crashes.

woaini

Post by woaini »

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

This build is also mentioned on some Vietnamese site, post date August 2012.

kiruijhnstn

Post by kiruijhnstn »

I think we should appreciate what m$ is trying to do. There are a lot of changes in there software development and OS. From what I have gathered so far, I think we wouldn't wait long before we see a major update to windows 8. That said, it isn't a surprise to see more screenshots in the coming months...

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

th1r5bvn23 wrote:It's Windows Blue Pre-Alpha Branch!!!

But it was not be leaked,I don't know what way they can get it.
Is there any actual proof that this build is indeed Windows Blue (other than mere speculation/opinion), and not something else, or do we only have the information that it's a post-RTM build of Windows 8?

Also, remember that as I've said several times on this forum, the development of Windows Blue (an update to Windows 8, most likely the planned Windows 8 Platform Update) and Windows 9 is almost certainly being done side by side. However, we're also a very long way away from having anything near a 7850-level build, yet, and probably will be for at least several months.

Infact, to be honest, I highly doubt that there's much difference between the feature set of Windows Blue and the feature set of Windows 9 at this still extremely early stage of development. In my opinion, I would personally say that Windows 9 at the moment is essentially a version of Windows Blue (which as I said, is just an update to Windows 8) with a few characteristics changed to further differentiate between any version of Windows 8 and Windows 9 itself. And really, practically any version of Windows developed within the last decade started development in the same way (even as far back as Whistler, which of course is Windows XP).

Also, to the original poster (quoted above), if you have trouble understanding what I'm saying, I understand that your English is not as good as most people's here, but I still was able to understand you without much (if any) trouble at all.

MbccompanyX

Post by MbccompanyX »

are we sure that isn't the start of a service pack? i know that Blue will be a future part of Windows 8 but we don't have proof that say the real start of Blue

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

MbccompanyX wrote:are we sure that isn't the start of a service pack? i know that Blue will be a future part of Windows 8 but we don't have proof that say the real start of Blue
In just about every case, a service pack would start with the same build number with the last digit shifted up one number, and would have a five digit extension at the end of it, similar to this:
"9201.16384" (note that I am NOT saying that the build necessarily exists, just giving an example of what a service pack build number would look like)

So no, although we still don't know much else about this build, on the other hand, we do know that it's definitely not a service pack.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

They do jump builds after RTM for post-RTM builds to ensure there'd never be any conflict with SP builds - I think it's 20, but I can't remember where I read that. I also seem to recall someone saying lowest four bits are reserved - so 9200-9215.

th1r5bvn23

Post by th1r5bvn23 »

AlphaBeta wrote:No timebomb? Interesting...
Maybe that guy removed the timebomb.
I want more Betas!

harry4567

Post by harry4567 »

Well, it's more interesting when a MSTW employee posted on pcbeta that this build is an alpha stage of Windows codename "9".

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1227974-1-1.html
I <3 Metro UI. not anymore

th1r5bvn23

Post by th1r5bvn23 »

harry4567 wrote:Well, it's more interesting when a MSTW employee posted on pcbeta that this build is an alpha stage of Windows codename "9".
I posted another topic about 9622.
I want more Betas!

MbccompanyX

Post by MbccompanyX »

WinPC wrote:
MbccompanyX wrote:are we sure that isn't the start of a service pack? i know that Blue will be a future part of Windows 8 but we don't have proof that say the real start of Blue
In just about every case, a service pack would start with the same build number with the last digit shifted up one number, and would have a five digit extension at the end of it, similar to this:
"9201.16384" (note that I am NOT saying that the build necessarily exists, just giving an example of what a service pack build number would look like)

So no, although we still don't know much else about this build, on the other hand, we do know that it's definitely not a service pack.
Maybe microsoft is changing all, starting by the build. But, in any case, i hope that the Start button will return.

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

Google translate doesn't make the translate good from ch to en, can some post already translated text here

,thanks

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

Made this in 4 minutes using mspaint.

Winver-only screenshots are easy to fake. :)

EDIT: just cause i can: