System Requirements Lab a scam?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
startmenuisgone

System Requirements Lab a scam?

Post by startmenuisgone »

Ok so i was wondering about System Requirements Lab. I heard its a scam and highly inacurate. Well today i think i noticed something very odd. I was trying to see if i could run one of my fave games of all time, Hydrophobia Prophecy. However it said FAIL and said i only have 241MB Video ram. Thats not true, as i have over 500 on my ATI card.

Heres a screenshot of my Scan:
http://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload/ ... .62180.jpg

Is it just detecting my Embedded Video Card? Cause maybe i think my internal is about 200MB. Because my PCI Express card is an ATI Radeon 4800 series card with over 500MB.
Please be aware that someone else is using the name "startmenuisgone" on other sites and it is NOT me. I am only registered with that name here and on assembler games. The other accounts are fraud!

Panda X
Donator

Re: System Requirements Lab a scam?

Post by Panda X »

I ran the test for that game and it gave an improper result whereas others showed correctly.

hogsy

Post by hogsy »

Yeah I played around with this and it gave me some pretty inaccurate results a few times for example I have 1GB of video ram and yet one time it showed I actually had more than that (3.7GB).
Administrator @ TalonBrave.info; The Dedicated Video-Games Archive
Developer @ OldTimes Software

Z33RO

Post by Z33RO »

Yeah its not very accurate, especially with laptops. But its not a scam

Panda X
Donator

Post by Panda X »

hogsy wrote:Yeah I played around with this and it gave me some pretty inaccurate results a few times for example I have 1GB of video ram and yet one time it showed I actually had more than that (3.7GB).
That 3.7 was probably shared and not dedicated.

marceloantonio1
Donator

Post by marceloantonio1 »

It's not a scam. It's just not accurate.
I use it only to have an idea if the game will run or not, but I prefer to test the game myself.
14/07/2011: 0.13Mb/s DL; 0.01Mb/s UL; 939ms Ping; ISP: Empresa Brasileira de Telecomunicações S/A (Dial-up)
31/08/2015: 10.25Mb/s DL; 2.11Mb/s UL; 7ms Ping; ISP: NET Serviços de Comunicação S/A (Cable)

compgeke
Donator

Post by compgeke »

Honestly, those things are useless as often times you can play games on lower than reccommended. For example, Portal runs fine on a nVidia NVS160M while many people were saying it would run terribly. Sure, I have it on low-medium settings, but 30 fps is still playable to me.

marceloantonio1
Donator

Post by marceloantonio1 »

For me 15FPS is playable xD
The only important things there for me is the pixel shader, vertex shader and hardware t&l.
They say that I can't run Resident Evil 4 but I can (~25FPS).
14/07/2011: 0.13Mb/s DL; 0.01Mb/s UL; 939ms Ping; ISP: Empresa Brasileira de Telecomunicações S/A (Dial-up)
31/08/2015: 10.25Mb/s DL; 2.11Mb/s UL; 7ms Ping; ISP: NET Serviços de Comunicação S/A (Cable)

prayaas1998

Post by prayaas1998 »

Do you know what is defined as a 'scam'?
:)

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

marceloantonio1 wrote:For me 15FPS is playable xD
The only important things there for me is the pixel shader, vertex shader and hardware t&l.
They say that I can't run Resident Evil 4 but I can (~25FPS).
Same.

Don't listen to such testing labs. You may never know if it works or not unless you try. Before trying I usually also update my DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtime.