Longhorn 4074 IA64

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
fzajac
Donator

Longhorn 4074 IA64

Post by fzajac »

Hello all,
I know a person who has IA64 computer so i gave him Longhorns 4051 and 4074 for IA64 to test. 4051 installed fine however 4074 did not install at all.
These were the problems:
1) The image size is huge ~1gb instead of ~700mb compared to 4074 images for other platforms;
2) The block size is incorrect according to Nero;
3) With default blocksize value files in iso spread and cover each other, the first notice is txtsetup.inf which has some garbage from another file inside, which installer notes of "The line 1 of txtsetup.inf is incorrect. Cannot continue."
Therefore here comes my question: is anyone sure that the 4074 IA64 ISO on the FTP is not corrupt? Has anyone actually managed to get it working? Maybe someone has another ISO (there was Windows.Longhorn.WinHEC.Build.4074.AIO.DVD-WinBeta released by WiNBETA but i don't know anyone who still has it) and is willing to share?

Thanks in advance.

dukzcry

Re: Longhorn 4074 IA64

Post by dukzcry »

OK, i was wrong about image size, image of 4074 at MSDN was of 1.07 GB also.
But other problems are still persist :x
Here is a quick description from MS (reposted on some russian forum):
Windows Longhorn Client Preview 2 - 64-bit Edition (English)
Date Posted
5/4/2004 3:59:00 PM
File
lh_usa_4074_ia64fre_pro-dvd.iso, ISO-9660 CD Image
Size
1.07 GB
Minimum Estimated Download Times
T1 1 hour, 39 minutes
128 KB 20 hours, 2 minutes
64 KB 45 hours, 7 minutes
28.8 KB 100 hours, 17 minutes

Description
This is the Longhorn build (Build 4074) provided at the 2004 Windows Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC). The Windows Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC) brings the PC industry together each year to explore the future for the Windows platform.

Important Note: This is a DVD image and will not fit on a standard recordable CD. To make a bootable disc you will need to burn this image to DVD. The contents can be extracted to hard drive using the tools referenced in the ISO image instructions below.

Take a Self-Guided Longhorn Tour
Install this Technical Preview of Longhorn, then follow the steps in this self-guided tour to familiarize yourself with new Longhorn features and capabilities.

Product Support
This Technical Preview is not supported by Microsoft. If you have questions or need assistance, see Late Breaking Issues and the "Longhorn" Beta Newsgroups for additional information and updates to the known issues.

Attention! In order to install Windows Longhorn Client Preview, you must get a product key.