BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 40d, 17h, 49m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 4706MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: [Help]how to enalbe VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration        Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Thin PC 242
virtual box tells me:
VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.

Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-V properly in the BIOS of your host computer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dunno how to do it on windows 7 when i click setting at startup there are no choices to allow hardware acceleration
tried both [F2] and [F10] keys
-updated bios to latest version too
-AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor
-has virtualization support checked online

soo...what am i doing wrong

is there a program to edit my CPU bios after bootup?

Offtopic Comment
wanna try windows 8 sooo bad

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Help]how to enalbe VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration        Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP Professional x64
You have to enable it into the bios of your computer... try pressing multiple time "ESC" or "CANC" just after you pushed powerbutton.. if you have any trouble, search online on how to enter your computer's bios... Once insde the bios you should search for that option and enable it...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Help]how to enalbe VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration        Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
is it a laptop , my last HP laptop had the capablilty but the bios option was locked

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Help]how to enalbe VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration        Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:59 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
BIOS update/flash might be needed

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [Help]how to enalbe VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration        Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Thin PC 242
already said updated bios to latest version well ill try or just get x86 verision dev preview
lol downloaded 3 gb in 15 min
got x86 still trying to find how to enable it on bios

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Help]how to enalbe VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration        Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
You should tell us what motherboard you have (manufacturer, model etc.) Anyway, check if your BIOS setup contains an option like "SVM", "AMD SVM" or "Secure Virtual Machine" and enable it if so.

Top  Profile