[REQUEST] Different CDIMAGE version

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
MBaNL
Donator

[REQUEST] Different CDIMAGE version

Post by MBaNL »

Last edited by MBaNL on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

QuiescentWonder
Donator

Re: [REQUEST] Different CDIMAGE version

Post by QuiescentWonder »

I know this isn't what you're looking for but you might be interested in checking out cdrtools: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html

LateShift

Post by LateShift »

QuiescentWonder wrote:I know this isn't what you're looking for but you might be interested in checking out cdrtools: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
I doubt that.

What did MS ever stitch together with 2.32?

Surprised you don't have 2.27 in wanted list

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Perhaps you can upload those you have so we can add them to the collection.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

QuiescentWonder wrote:I know this isn't what you're looking for but you might be interested in checking out cdrtools: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
Thanks but as LateShift says, thats not exactly what i'm looking for. I'm looking for the software Microsoft used to put ISO's together for premastering.
LateShift wrote:What did MS ever stitch together with 2.32?
At the moment i'm playing with a patched (faked) version to put together MS Office 97 in it's original ISO state... no luck though since the header is a bit different.

I also made a version to let it say "CDIMAGE V2.04" but no luck with that either. V2.04 does not write any timestamp in the header and with that difference the total header is different.

So version patching is not an option and for this I/we need the real versions. :)
mrpijey wrote:Perhaps you can upload those you have so we can add them to the collection.
No problem, I will upload them this evening.
EDIT: upload is complete...

QuiescentWonder
Donator

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/man/ ... ofs.8.html

That's what mkisofs does which is part of cdrtools, which is why I suggested it. Does CDIMAGE do something special?

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

QuiescentWonder wrote:http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/man/ ... ofs.8.html

That's what mkisofs does which is part of cdrtools, which is why I suggested it. Does CDIMAGE do something special?
The purpose of the software is exactly the same but since it's other software the header of the produced ISO is totally different. The main difference are the values in the header positions for "Publisher ID", "Data Preparer ID", "Application ID".

For older ISO's you could HEX edit these but for Windows XP for instance there is a controle value in the header which is a sort of hash for the total ISO.

So I like the software Microsoft uses more for (p)remastering ISO's

QuiescentWonder
Donator

Ah, I didn't realize any of those values were even there.

LateShift

Post by LateShift »

QuiescentWonder wrote:Ah, I didn't realize any of those values were even there.
@QuiescentWonder, Almost wish I didn't know, once I started to check my discs, I threw out 75% since they were home made.
With the correct version of CDIMAGE, one can bust the ISO and then remake it and get exact same SHA1 as before.
Sometimes takes a little bit of testing to get the parameters right.

90% of the abandonware here on BA are not originals.
Certain things are nearly impossible to find in original state, most Win95 and Office 95/97/2000 are all junk IMO.
Almost tempted to ask OP where she/he got the Office 97 she/he is trying to replicate.

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

LateShift wrote:With the correct version of CDIMAGE, one can bust the ISO and then remake it and get exact same SHA1 as before.
Sometimes takes a little bit of testing to get the parameters right.

90% of the abandonware here on BA are not originals.
Certain things are nearly impossible to find in original state, most Win95 and Office 95/97/2000 are all junk IMO.
Almost tempted to ask OP where she/he got the Office 97 she/he is trying to replicate.
I'm sharing your opinion for the full 100%! Although it's nice to have the files it's nicer to see ISO's in a original state or at least a 1 on 1 copy from the CD (with a 1 on 1 copy it gets some padding 0's at the end).

About the MS Office 97... It's an original media Dutch Upgrade version which I own since year and day.

Anyway, MS did not have a clear rule for creating CD's/floppy's... most of the time all the files share the same timestamp but espacially with Offcie 95/97 this is not the thing. Also note that older CD's does not have a timestamp in the header (only 0's). The CD's that does not have 1 shared timestamp uses a timestamp in the header of the last round timestamp of that moment, so for remastering that kind of disks you have to set the PC clock (and don't forget the Timezone!).

LateShift

Post by LateShift »

or Daylight Saving...

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

LateShift wrote:or Daylight Saving...
That's also one annoying point!
All my batch files for remastering Windows 7 images start with changing to the appropriate timezone en the exact date of the image. Afterwards it changes back my timezone and date to what it was before remastering.

arqr33

Post by arqr33 »

MBaNL wrote:At the moment i'm playing with a patched (faked) version to put together MS Office 97 in it's original ISO state... no luck though since the header is a bit different.

I also made a version to let it say "CDIMAGE V2.04" but no luck with that either. V2.04 does not write any timestamp in the header and with that difference the total header is different.

So version patching is not an option and for this I/we need the real versions. :)
Did you try with switch '-x' or '-xx'?

LateShift

Post by LateShift »

MBaNL wrote:
LateShift wrote:or Daylight Saving...
That's also one annoying point!
All my batch files for remastering Windows 7 images start with changing to the appropriate timezone en the exact date of the image. Afterwards it changes back my timezone and date to what it was before remastering.
Just realized you were the one who asked for help in the thread with the XP SP3 switches a while back.

johnye_pt

Post by johnye_pt »

MBaNL wrote:The following versions are known to me that they have leaked and I already have them...

Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.39 CD-ROM Premastering Utility
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.45 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.46 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.47 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.52 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.52p CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.54 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility

The following versions are the versions i'm looking for in the first place...

Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.04
Microsoft CDIMAGE 2.32

But if there is any other version ever leaked I do not have than I'm also looking for it. :)
Did you ever find those missing versions? I also have the same versions as you, they were in a CDIMAGE.rar file from a Russian forum. I'm trying to "verify" a Windows 95 OSR2 ISO i have, but it needs CDIMAGE 2.04...
I used to be schizophrenic, but now we're cured.

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

Never found them... I'm still trying to HEX edit version 2.39 but nothing seems to work...

I'm still wondering where the versions came from that are "leaked" (?) already... and if they really leaked... I can imagine that these versions where on some MSDN/Technet CD's (like OSCDIMG, if I remember correctly).

Maybe someone can clarify this?

LateShift

Post by LateShift »

I was at one stage in contact with someone who was involved in these CDIMAGE. He said most of them was done by russian and chinese hackers, some reverse engineering was involved.

There are some called m and p, M stands for modified, P is a patched version.

johnye_pt

Post by johnye_pt »

MBaNL I'm trying to recreate Windows NT 4.0 SP1 Workstation ISO, it uses CDIMAGE 2.28.

Since I don't have it, and probably never will, I hexedited CDIMAGE 2.39, replaced "2.39" with "2.28" (twice), "REDMOND WA 98052, (425)" with "REDMOND WA 98052, (206)" and saved it as CDIMAGE_2.28F.EXE (F stands for Fake :P )

Then I ran (i think) "CDIMAGE_2.28F.EXE -nt -o -xx -bBOOT_NT4.IMG -t12/10/1996,12 -lNTWKS40BRO2 FOLDER TEST.ISO". The resulting ISO differs from the original only at two locations in the end: between 0x20F1B800 and 0x20F1B8AF (starts with SIGNATURE then a few bytes of something) and between 20F1BFFC and 20F1BFFF (last four bytes, probably AUTOCRC stuff).

Could this SIGNATURE data be the stuff added with the -s switch? Can it be extracted? And even if it could, how does the -c switch work anyway? :?

EDIT: the last four bytes are for the CRC32 FFFFFFFF, i found a tool at this page that changes the CRC32 of any file to one of your choosing (like FFFFFFFF) by calculating and/or adding 4 bytes to the end of the file. And here is an printscreen of the "signature":

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

@johnye_pt, I just also tried NT4.0 WKS SP1 (Dutch to be precise) and have the exact same problem... at 0x21E71800 I also have a signature in the original and a lot of zero's in the one I just made...

It indeed looks like the -s switch is needed in order to create a 100% ISO. I don't think that there is any possibility for that... :(

About the -c switch... don't know either what that means...

johnye_pt

Post by johnye_pt »

Sorry, i meant the -s switch, don't know how it is supposed to be used.

I was thinking about something like an "universal patch" with the signature, but I downloaded 3 more NT4 ISOs from a torrent and it seems the signature is always different, so that won't be possible.

The only 2 solutions left are: keep the ISO without the signature, or create a PPF with the differences. The second will work for my NT4 Workstation ISO, but it won't for my NT4 Server ISO that has been tampered with (someone added a cdkey.txt, everything else seem untouched but no longer has signature nor autocrc), so i can only recreate it without the signature...

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

Acording to what LateShift says about the p and m thing I have uploaded 2 versions (2.28 and 2.38) to filesonic which worked for creating NT 4.0 SP1 (2.28p) and Windows 98 (2.38p).

Note: Can't get the signature for NT 4.0 SP1 right off-course...

In both version the "for internal use only" line is replaced for a note to make clear that it is a patched version and not a real one!

See OP for download links... (also for the ones on the BA FTP)

johnye_pt

Post by johnye_pt »

Which version did you use as base for 2.28P and 2.38P? I used 2.39 for 2.28P and it works fine, except for the signature and the 4 AutoCRC bytes. Didn't try to rebuild the 98 ISOs yet, so i don't know if it will work for those too.

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

For both I used 2.39 as base since that is the oldest and only CD premastering utility... the rest is CD/DVD premastering utility.

Had no problem with AutoCRC values... with NT I had the only problem with the signature, the rest is the same so I considered it as usable.

Also tried to patch a 2.11 version but looks like that will be impossible... :(

johnye_pt

Post by johnye_pt »

MBaNL wrote:Had no problem with AutoCRC values... with NT I had the only problem with the signature, the rest is the same so I considered it as usable.
I was referring to the last four bytes in the ISO that make up the FFFFFFFF CRC32, those and the signature bytes are the only differences between the original NT4 ISO and the rebuilt ISO.

The only other version i can see in my ISOs is v2.04 in Windows 95B. The rest were unfortunately built with custom programs like Nero Burning Rom, UltraISO, Binary Magic, etc. Maybe i'll get lucky and find some friends with clean ISOs ;)

MBaNL
Donator

Post by MBaNL »

johnye_pt wrote:Maybe i'll get lucky and find some friends with clean ISOs ;)
Don't know how it is in your country but here in the Netherlands Windows ME and older CD's are almost for free at the moment. most of the time a singe euro plus postal. The longer you'll wait the harder it will get and more expensive it will be to get your hand on something. Floppy's and things from 20 years and older are a lot more expensive. ;-)