AMI Aptio BIOS recovery

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
xeeynamo

AMI Aptio BIOS recovery

Post by xeeynamo »

Recently I removed the BIOS password from my notebook, but after saved the changes and perform a reboot, the BIOS want to know the password anyway, so now I can't boot any device :( . This is a notebook that was born recently, and few days ago was released the second BIOS' version that resolve some bugfixes, but I think that it's too late now. After a lot of researches on internet I found that my AMI Aptio BIOS is a UEFI BIOS, so a CMOS reset won't help. After 2 weeks I was the idea to do a BIOS recovery, like when the ROM flash failes and I discovered that the recovery mode can be enabled pressing CTRL+HOME during the boot phase. In that point, the recovery loads something from the USB key, maybe in searching for the BIOS' file, but I had no luck. The screen is also black, so no information is written during the process... But the things that I discovered are that if I press CTRL+HOME durng the power on without a usb key, the screen remains black for 2 seconds before the BIOS logo, if I put the USB key, the black screen remains for a long. Now, I'm sure that I'm on the right way, but I don't know how to rename the BIOS' name to complete the recovery process. Any advice?

Ciastex

Re: AMI Aptio BIOS recovery

Post by Ciastex »

Rename BIOS file to AMIBOOT.ROM (yes BIG letters), plug USB Key in, wait for 10-15 minutes(just for sure) and hit reset button. Now computer should work.
--

xeeynamo

Re: AMI Aptio BIOS recovery

Post by xeeynamo »

Ciastex wrote:Rename BIOS file to AMIBOOT.ROM (yes BIG letters), plug USB Key in, wait for 10-15 minutes(just for sure) and hit reset button. Now computer should work.
It won't work, I already tried but I resolved removing the internal battery without to broken the warranty :)