[Game Discussion] Theme Park World/Sim Theme Park

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Windows XP

[Game Discussion] Theme Park World/Sim Theme Park

Post by Windows XP »

It's a game developed by Bullfrog (and published by EA)

It's a fun game where you literally and easily build your own theme park and keep it growing. They released console versions of this game, but I love the PC version as you get more customisation.

Here's a screenshot from my hard drive:
(It's a pain getting it to work fully in Windows XP while having the worst computer ever)
Last edited by Windows XP on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inactive. I also don't have anything ROBLOX-related, anymore. Please don't ask.

Fallen Souls

Re: [Game Discussion] Theme Park World/Sim Theme Park

Post by Fallen Souls »

I freaking loved this game on PS1, I think I still got it somewhere in my game cabinet.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 on PC were better though.

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

Fallen Souls wrote:I freaking loved this game on PS1.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 on PC were better though.
I remember my cousin having RCT, but my family had Theme Park World and I grew up with this game. Rollercoaster Tycoon I can also remember too.

Karlore

Post by Karlore »

I played both RC tycoon and sim theme park. I liked RC tycoon better as a whole game, but I loved being able to ride my rides and walk around in the park in sim theme park, I had no clue they made console versions of it. What consoles were they on?

compgeke
Donator

Post by compgeke »

I've seen a couple different ones like this. This one looks like it has poor camera controls, one reason why I loved RCT.

Karlore

Post by Karlore »

compgeke wrote:I've seen a couple different ones like this. This one looks like it has poor camera controls, one reason why I loved RCT.
Actually, this game had pretty good camera control. Most of the screen shots are in first person, hence why they look like they do. But this game had more than a north, south, east, west camera function. It gave more control. But building coasters on RC tycoon was much easier and they could be way more awesome.

Ryu

Post by Ryu »

The 3D reminds of me of the latest RCT iteration... I could never move pass that. Maybe it was simply nostalgia, but these 3D sims just don't feel right.

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

compgeke wrote:I've seen a couple different ones like this. This one looks like it has poor camera controls, one reason why I loved RCT.
4/5 of these images were obviously in firstperson mode. It basically allows you to act like you're a visitor, except in the PC version you cannot play sideshows/minigames. In the console version (on PS1 and PS2 as far as I can remember) you can play them, but they strip renaming everything.