ATi Drivers on 7955

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Greveldinges

ATi Drivers on 7955

Post by Greveldinges »

Hello,

I have a ATi 4870, and it worked perfectly on 7850. Then 7955 leaked, and I installed it. It worked flawless, but then I wanted to play some minecraft on it. I tried to install the graphics drivers, but it doesn't install the display drivers for some reason. They are not even in the list on the installer. I already tried to put it in Vista/7 compatibility mode, but that doesn't do the trick either. Anyone else with this problem? I hope there is a fix or something, but if there isn't i'll wait for a new leak.

squall14716

Re: ATi Drivers on 7955

Post by squall14716 »

I'm having the same issue, using the HD 5850. No luck getting the drivers so far, hopefully someone will find a way. I'll keep trying in the meantime.

PGHammer

Post by PGHammer »

Greveldinges wrote:Hello,

I have a ATi 4870, and it worked perfectly on 7850. Then 7955 leaked, and I installed it. It worked flawless, but then I wanted to play some minecraft on it. I tried to install the graphics drivers, but it doesn't install the display drivers for some reason. They are not even in the list on the installer. I already tried to put it in Vista/7 compatibility mode, but that doesn't do the trick either. Anyone else with this problem? I hope there is a fix or something, but if there isn't i'll wait for a new leak.
I had no such issue with Catalyst 11.3 (however, CCC won't work; likely due to .NET Framework, which CCC requires).

In other words, the drivers will install; however, CCC won't work.

Windows 8 Beta Fan
Donator

Post by Windows 8 Beta Fan »

what you should do is reinstall 7955 with your computers driver cd in the drive then towards the end of the installation you have all the drivers you need windows 8 7955 is bad with ati drivers though beacause for me media center wont run :?

EnzoFeARkA

Post by EnzoFeARkA »

I have the same problem and can't get them to install, anyone got them to work?

Fullmetal691

Post by Fullmetal691 »

Windows 8 Beta Fan wrote:what you should do is reinstall 7955 with your computers driver cd in the drive then towards the end of the installation you have all the drivers you need windows 8 7955 is bad with ati drivers though beacause for me media center wont run :?

Wait... Windows 8 will install drivers from a CD.... SWEET. I'd assume 7955 is having problems with drivers because it is further away from windows 7 then 7850 was, and the drivers weren't designed for 6.2. I'm sure it will be ironed out though.

motorroler

Post by motorroler »

My video card drivers to come from windows vista, everything is fine. But don't run Catalyst Control Center)

ThatBoy

Post by ThatBoy »

I had a similar problem...I searched google and found the drivers online and installed them manually in device manager and it worked fine. This all would have been avoided if my Windows was activated and could have used windows update to find the drivers :x

http://www.mediafire.com/?qm3wykktokn

That's the link to the ati drivers I needed for my pc...maybe it will work for yours too, good luck!

Greveldinges

Post by Greveldinges »

Ok, thanks for your help everybody. I'm gonna try some stuff you guys said right now, and post the method that works fine for me.

Misaki2010

Post by Misaki2010 »

ATi Catalyst 11.4 drivers are out but I can't install them on 7955 :( any workaround?

Clam-

Post by Clam- »

Hi all. I've got a similar issue.
I've got ATI Radeon x1650 (512MB) on this PC I'm currently testing Win8 build 7955. I've tried so many things, read suggestions people wrote here and on other forums but none worked:

# Tried to download Vista x86 drivers for my card, no effect
# Tried to download Win 7 x86 drivers for my card as well, still no effect
# Tried to run both of them in same compatibility modes (e.g. Vista ones with Vista mode) and nothing
# Downloaded that new 'ATI Preview' thingie, which finds drivers automatically - also no effect

I've tried to activate my copy of Windows, but I think I failed in it, lol. That 'take ownership' of a file is confusing me, never met with such thing before - and whenever I try to do it, it says I can't, blabla... So should I keep trying to activate my copy of Win8 build 7955 and then try "Windows Update" or maybe even go with that idea someone posted on different forum by downloading Win XP x86 drivers for my card and trying to install it in Win XP compatibility mode?

Any help here is appreciated. I know I'm new to the forum, but I've been following you guys since 7850 leaked, haha - I'll try to contribute to the community somehow else in return in future, but for now, I'd like to solve this issue so I could give Win 8 pre-M3 release a test run! Thanks in advance.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Antiapplekid

Post by Antiapplekid »

I currently have Windows 8 on my Dell Inspiron E1705 that has a ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 and right now it says in the Device Manager it's running Microsoft Basic Device Adapter and when I try to install drivers it gives me a error saying "Setup was unable to complete the installation try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before setup