Virtual PC 2007 on Windows 7 Pro

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
DarkerJ
Donator

Virtual PC 2007 on Windows 7 Pro

Post by DarkerJ »

Hello, I've tried the new VPC, and it was okay, but I was angry to find that it doesn't support floppy disks (I use it alot)! So I uninstalled it and tried installing VPC 2007 64 bit and it says it was blocked due to compatibility issues. I then tried doing a System Restore, but I didn't do it because I didn't want my new game getting removed, witch brings me to 3 questions: 1. How do I disable this compatibility check. 2. How do I choose witch things to keep or restore and things to get rid of, and 3. How do I make the new one insert a floppy disk? I've heard it's possible.
<°)))><●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬●><(((°>
When in doubt...
iddqd
idkfa

Thlump
Donator

Re: Virtual PC 2007 on Windows 7 Pro

Post by Thlump »

I'm not too sure about this, but what I do know is that if you install Virtual PC 2007 and then try to install Windows Virtual PC it will not work ever for that setup.

Also Windows Virtual PC in theory has reduced support for legacy OS like later versions of VMWare

spunker88

Post by spunker88 »

I have stayed away from Windows VPC since I got Windows 7 mostly because I dont have a VT processor and because of compatibility issues for older VMs. For me Virtual PC 2007 works fine on Windows 7 Pro, it even installed SP1 through automatic updates.

Cats869
Donator

Post by Cats869 »

I've seen this happen to me as well...

First of all, Windows Virtual PC does in fact support floppy disks but has no GUI so you have to use commands which stinks for some...

You only get this warning about compatibility if you have installed Windows Virtual PC. If you get this, and you want to use Virtual PC 2007 instead of Windows Virtual PC, you will need to uninstall Windows Virtual PC first. Note – it will not work if you just uncheck Windows Virtual PC under the Windows Features dialog. You need to actually uninstall ALL Windows Virtual PC updates when it was applied to your computer when you installed Windows Virtual PC. You can remove these updates by going to Installed updates under Program and Features, which is also known as the uninstalling tool. Hope this helps .

Oh yes, and by the way spunker88, they made an update awhile ago that made it so you can run Windows Virtual PC even without a VT processor .
My YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/xComputerWizardx
Visit my CSS clan here by going to www.tmuservers.net! We have CS:S, TF2, and Minecraft servers!

AckerMAN

Post by AckerMAN »

Windows Virtual PC officially works with software emulation, try latest version from Microsoft.

spunker88

Post by spunker88 »

Cats869 wrote:Oh yes, and by the way spunker88, they made an update awhile ago that made it so you can run Windows Virtual PC even without a VT processor .
I like Virtual PC 2007 because it does a good job with older versions of Windows like 3.x, NT4, 95, and 98. Ive been using VMLite XP Mode for 2000, XP, and 7 as it has drivers to allow these all to run seamlessly.

hb860
Donator

Post by hb860 »

I use Vbox on my laptop for any virtualization
Can you describe why MSVPC can be better than VBox?
:(

jamieostrich
Donator

Post by jamieostrich »

hb860 wrote:I use Vbox on my laptop for any virtualization
Can you describe why MSVPC can be better than VBox?
There isn't much really although windows 9x does work quite well with full drives on Vitualpc, otherwise Virtualbox and Vmware are more rounded programs

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

ResHack VPC install file (change version etc). It will work then.