LongHorn SATA

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
CitrX

LongHorn SATA

Post by CitrX »

I've been wondering if is possible to install build 3718 on SATA(if exists).
I've tried to "add" drivers in nLite and with Driverpacks BASE and while its done I put the CD on the drive, it starts to load drivers and I got error "vga.sys is missing".
Is there any trick to add mass storage drivers or I need somehow to add them manually?

OG

Re: LongHorn SATA

Post by OG »

vga.sys has nothing to do with storage, its a generic display driver. Maybe you screwed something up with nlite?

CitrX

Post by CitrX »

No, I just copied the contents of LH 3718 into C:\LH3718 and I opened nLite, added only task to add mass storage drivers, pressed next, next, and I pressed to create ISO. Then when I mount the ISO in VM(VirtualBox) it says that the vga.sys is missing. The same is when I integrade with Driverpack BASE. The unmodified LH installs normally.Tomorrow I will try to integrade the drivers from previous versions of nLite, maybe that helps.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

nLite does not work with Longhorn builds, even the 3xxx are too different for nLite not to break it.

CitrX

Post by CitrX »

Ok, I will try to add them manually(not these days, because I have this week 3 exams), the weekend I will try of course

CitrX

Post by CitrX »

Ok, after many experiments and BSODs, I've found working way to add SATA drivers to LH 3718, tested only on my laptop, and I think will work on any SATA drive.
I've used Driverpack BASE, in settings-->Driverpacks select MassStorage 9.01 and Driverpack MassStorage text mode, Driverpack method-->metod 2, Finisher method-->GUIRunOnce, Disable KTD and enable QSC.
And I am posting the screenshot after installation with XP drivers:
Also if someone wants I can upload the ISO with LH 3718 with the SATA drivers integrated.

Kobi

Post by Kobi »

CitrX wrote:Ok, after many experiments and BSODs, I've found working way to add SATA drivers to LH 3718, tested only on my laptop, and I think will work on any SATA drive.
I've used Driverpack BASE, in settings-->Driverpacks select MassStorage 9.01 and Driverpack MassStorage text mode, Driverpack method-->metod 2, Finisher method-->GUIRunOnce, Disable KTD and enable QSC.

Also if someone wants I can upload the ISO with LH 3718 with the SATA drivers integrated.
It is possible to add SATA drivers by the same way to another longhorn build for examle buil 4028 ?

CitrX

Post by CitrX »

Kobi wrote:
CitrX wrote:Ok, after many experiments and BSODs, I've found working way to add SATA drivers to LH 3718, tested only on my laptop, and I think will work on any SATA drive.

It is possible to add SATA drivers by the same way to another longhorn build for examle buil 4028 ?
No, because doesn't support WIM formats (4008+ builds).
But you can add them manually (by adding info from TXTSETUP.OEM to X\boot\txtsetup.sif, and copying the .inf files to X\boot\inf and the .sys to X\boot\system32\drivers.
Where "X" is the folder with extracted Longhorn.
If that will not find your HDD, you will need to extract the install.wim from X\sources, edit the txtsetup.sif,add the .inf and .sys files to their folders, and when you are done, create install.wim, put the install.wim to \sources, create bootable ISO image and test it on virtual machine.
Now I don't have enough time to play with LH files ( I need to stay in books because I have final exam in one week).
Good luck!

hinatahyuuga
Donator

Post by hinatahyuuga »

i'm interested by your purpose :
"Also if someone wants I can upload the ISO with LH 3718 with the SATA drivers integrated."

Because i have the same problem u_u

i have try but in dont uderstand how you have do with Nlite ... i have downloaded pack for mass storage but many thing you say are absent Oo
ImageImage

gamelover101

Post by gamelover101 »

Don't use nLite on Longhorn. It breaks it.
Oops!

hinatahyuuga
Donator

Post by hinatahyuuga »

Not for 3686,3706 because i have tried this version with nlite and work on other computer.
ImageImage

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

I'd think that the UniATA drivers would probably work, since they're bare-bones in terms of ATA/SATA functionality, and are designed to work with NT3.51+, just not x64 AFAIK.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.