Post subject: [TUT] Install Windows Media Player 7.1 in Windows Chicago Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:45 pm
Amateur Beta Collector
Joined Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:37 am
Location Hong Kong
**Can Only installed successfully in Windows Chicago Build 468(May Test Release) or after.
1. Install Windows Chicago Build 468
2. Install Internet Explorer 4.0 or above.
3. When you setup Internet Explorer 4.0 in process, you discover that the setup program shows the process remain unchanged for a long time(about 40%),you need to press crtl+alt+delete to end the task "Acmsetup".
4. After the installation of Internet Explorer 4.0 or above, you need to use WinRAR to extract the setup program of Windows Media Player 7 or 7.1.
5. If you try to install Windows Media Player 7.0 only, you just click the setup_wm.exe to install it.
6. If you try to install Windows Media Player 7.1 for win98 and 2000, you need to use the setup_wm.exe in Windows Media Player 8.0 Beta 2 Build 4228( can be found in FTP)to replace the setup_wm.exe in Windows Media Player 7.1.
7. Lastly, you can be successful to install Windows Media Player 7.1 in Windows Chicago.