Post subject: [TUT] XP/2000 Tune-up Guide Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:05 am
Newbie Beta Collector
Joined Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:32 pm
If your PC is running slow, use the following method!
1. Goto my computer
2. Right click on your HDD (Or partition that the OS is on)
3. Select Properties
4. Click "Disk Cleanup"
5. When it has finished calculating (takes a few mins), make sure all of the boxes are checked then click OK and press YES (Something along those lines)
6. When that has completed, click on the tab "Tools". Click on Check Now and make sure both boxes are ticked. When you press start, it will say it needs to be check on boot blah blah blah. Press Yes to that.
7. Now click on defragment now and press DEFRAGMENT (not analyze).
8. Reboot you PC and notice a difference!
OPTIONAL: Free up disk space by compressing the HDD. Goto my computer, right click the HDD, Properties then tick compress drive then OK then apply to all folders and subfolders blah then press ok. after a few mins it will say unable to compress files. Just press IGNORE ALL. It will take an hour or two but is well worth it!
Guide Made by Jonty.
DO NOT DISTRIBUTE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! THANKS!
Last edited by jontyrocks3 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.