BetaArchive Logo
Archive Size: 0TB (0TiB) in N/A files
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 22h, 35m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 4691MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Samuka wrote:
Even with the problem I reported, I'm perfecting the Beta 1 to be good in most computers, and I'll post screens tomorrow. At most, next week, send a compilation to downaload, regardless of how you are

But does Aero work :P

Barebones Rig~6GB~90 GB SSD~Windows 8 Pro~1GB ATI Radeon HD 5450

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:10 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
I will be post screenshots of Windows Shorthorn today, including setup and desktop and news. But, aero don`t work for now, only aero simulator(true transparency)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Ohhhhhh. I see now but still the project looks very good.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
I'll post screens without fail the first Shorthorn Beta tomorrow.
This beta version does not yet have a Windows Search running
Some applications still dao error of memory allocation
And I recommend not install office 2007 and Windows Live together in 2009, since 2007 the office of the stick on it (still trying to fix this bug)
The beta 1 has a program that emulates Internet Explorer meters
Anyway, probably until the middle of the week I'll be uploading the Beta Shorthorn and starting to work on bug fixes for Beta 2

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Release Preview
I'm really looking forward to the beta!
Do you think the explorers might be compatible with Windows 7?
If they are stable enough and don't eat too much memory then I might replace the shell!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:49 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
I'm scared. The Shorthorn beta 1 has already been compiled. In fact, I am already compiling the pre-beta 2 builds. But here comes the question, if I put you guys to come down, can be arrested for this?
Seriously, after megaupload, not as these things go ...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Release Preview
No-one who has done similar things with Windows Server 2003 on BetaArchive has been arrested, just don't give it publicity.
The only reason Longhorn reloaded was shut down is because of the amount of people that knew about it, you see it on sites like softpedia in their news archives!

You will not get arrested.
If Microsoft in concerned they will send you a cease and desist order, telling you that if you keep distributing it they will go to court.
All you will have to do then, is do all that is in your power to remove the ability to download this.

So it's perfectly ok for you to go ahead and release!
Just make sure to upload to an FTP or torrent if possible, for a reliable download speed!
If you don't want to risk something like Mega-Upload then don't use Rapidshare!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
Well then I'll upload tomorrow, and I highly recommend .... I'll put FilePlanet with code name, and if it leaks, it will be by sheer responsibility of the members here ... On second thought, who wants to download, send me am one, have at least 3 confirmed here, apparently. Tomorrow I do, and then, make available through the link of pm

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:53 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
And another news: I am preparing to build x64 is still some problems, but will soon be ready (until now, this faster than the x86)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
I'm trying to upload the Shorthorn at FilePlanet beta 1, but not getting success, someone has another idea server? well, I saw filefacotory, but I'll have to edit the installation to reduce the size ... or if not, I'll split the file ... So I guess tomorrow is uploaded

Edit: I'm uploading Windows shorthorn now....But, the upload is very very slow

Last edited by Samuka on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:51 am 

Favourite OS
Samuka wrote:
I'm trying to upload the Shorthorn at FilePlanet beta 1, but not getting success, someone has another idea server? well, I saw filefacotory, but I'll have to edit the installation to reduce the size ... or if not, I'll split the file ... So I guess tomorrow is uploaded

Dropbox might be a good place to start.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
Well, you guys might think I'm stalling, but I've never done an upload (except e-mail = P) and tried filefactory, but he "caught" at the end of the first part, not giving me the link to download .. . not really understand .. I will try another

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
For those who think I'm late, I'm actually correcting some bugs and making the installation Shorthorn compatible with all kinds of hal .... (from standard until multprocessor). This play will make for Technics XP and 2003 to wim, facilitating installation.
Some notes about this installation:
To boot, it uses the Winpe Vista 5308 (tried vista rtm, but the most problems). By using this winpe in vmware has to make the partition through diskpart and format, as well as view a beta.
-For installations on real computer, booting the cd, if and only if there is unpartitioned space and no partition, do the first installation before proceeding with the descompatação install.wim. If you make a partition before the installation failed (trying to fix it).
- I still can not make the sata compatible Shorthorn, who has an idea, let me know.
- The x64 version is still incomplete and still do not know how to patch uxtheme for, who knows, let me know

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 pm 
Donator

@Samuka,

And still, may you try uploading the existing version, maybe to torrent? Or WUpload?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:48 am 

I am really interested in Longhorn, you can try ADrive, I use it, just register (takes 30sec) and upload files up to 2GB, It's kinda fast too :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
Well, I uploaded the first Shorthorn_beta.
But I must emphasize that the two programs that I behaved own Windows does not work:
Tablet Input
Windows Power Shell IIf
They were funcionanando in an official internal beta version, but found it too slow and decided to reset one more time to develop (should be 100 instead)
But now this quickly. It is recommended not to test in Virtual PC because it is not supporting this rebuild standard PC HAL (the other supported)
Well, I'm in exams period in college then. may take a while to update sistema.Ate Beta 2, cast minor updates.
Just a doubt: How do I send the download link of adrive?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 pm 

Go to "My files", then click the magnifier icon near your file name, click on share, after while, you'll return to the dialog but there will also be a download link, copy it and use the [url] code here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
Well, for whom I have made available the link, please know that I will soon upload a new build of a new more complete. And please, make available screens in this topic, I'm a little out of time to do it

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 am 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Damn, i want this OS. What i have to do to get the download link?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:36 am 
Donator

Fanculo (anche conosciuto come Quel Paese)
Fantomas wrote:
Damn, i want this OS. What i have to do to get the download link?

Request it to Samuka.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
I will make sure to put screens up for you Samuka :)

I just have to find a computer to install it on.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 pm 
Donator

Looks nice. I assume you're using TrueTransparency for the Aero effects. There are some issues that should be corrected in the next release:
  • Change the default keyboard input method from Portuguese-Brazil to English-United States
  • Do we really need 115 pre-loaded wallpapers?
  • Kill TrueTransparency. It lags way behind the windows when you move them.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ShortHorn
Well, it has to be installed on the same schema as the view Longhorn beta 1 and 5048:
Shift + F10
diskpart
create partition primary
list partition
restart the virtual machine and ready, just click over the partition with the total space and settled smoothly

Well, really like transparency, and the only one that works best is the True transparency, which is already included into the aero snap. But in the next, will include an easy way to disable it. And I'm working to port aero 5048, however, is not easy.
I'm working on porting tbm Shell Longhorn 4074.
I personally think the best of 5048, but who wants to can have the 4074.
Interested may get the following shells (includes functional explorer):
Soon, probably the 4066 and 4074 and perhaps 4093.
If someone can help me, I carry the Vista 5112, it is my dream of consumption. I'm having trouble porting the view ole32.dll 5112, who knows something, please send pm.
Soon, news and screens

The Shorthorn was a great project. However, for him to be alone, I took time to discover the coisas.É difficult. With the arrival of Windows 7, lost almost all sense of a Windows-based systems as old. But he became fully functional, and relatively light. As I began, I have to finish it. At least, I can give a taste of Longhorn on a Windows usable.

As every longhorn, it uses WIM image, and requires IDE disk in vmware not to give blue screen. If you select SCSI certainly will blue screen.

Still do not know how to port it to SATAs notebook, who find a way, let me know

For those who may think that it is illegal, it is a server 2003 like any other, has its trial period and who want to use for longer, use their methods or buy through microsoft

I had high goals for this project. Switch to the new system logon, use the setup to choose a view engine version, use bootmgr working perfectly with Windows vista and superirores, carrying several things vista / windows 7 inclusive services, and leave it running fine. But working alone is hard, I'm already there three years on this project, and I have to study / work.
The Shorthorn may seem minor, but gave MUCH work, lots and lots and lots of tests and still have unanswered questions. I feel like scientists trying to figure out how things work, but like I said, I started and I'll finish.

Now, I equate the x64 version to reach the same level of beta x86.

Last edited by Samuka on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 pm 
Donator

Fanculo (anche conosciuto come Quel Paese)
BTW, you have a typo in the setup.
It's "temporary", not "tempory"

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Code Name "ShortHorn"        Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
CaptainPeanut wrote:
Request it to Samuka.

Obviously. I just shy to admit that i do not understand how to sand PM in this forum :$ .
Anyway, thank you, Samuka :) .

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next