BetaArchive Logo
Archive Size: 9.44TB (8.58TiB) in N/A files
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 12h, 30m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 5304MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: Hide your 100mb system reserved volume with diskpart        Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:57 pm 
Donator

Dean235 wrote:
I really hate recovery partitions because they take about 12 GB on my laptop!!!!!

Some OEMs provide the possibility to create a recovery disk from the partition. So if you can, make one and then delete the partition to free up some space (as said, it's mostly bloatware on it).

haha1 wrote:
IT IS hidden!!! At least on my is hidden.I have Win7 SP1.

It should be hidden by default, unless someone or something assigned it a drive letter...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Hide your 100mb system reserved volume with diskpart        Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:07 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
I would NOT delete the recovery partition unless it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, since it holds a backup of some of your system's most vital software, most notably drivers, some of which may be more difficult to find with it deleted, also, it might be harder to restore your system in the event of anything involving data loss without it present.

It also might contain utilities for diagnosing problems with your system, so in most cases, I would keep the recovery partition.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Hide your 100mb system reserved volume with diskpart        Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:05 am 
FTP Access

haha1 wrote:
IT IS hidden!!! At least on my is hidden.I have Win7 SP1.

The 100 MB partition is hidden by default, the only reason the tutorial was written is the author is using a Windows 8 build that shows it. It's there in case you turn on BitLocker as the system requires a small unencrypted partition. The requirements for Windows 7 are much less, in Windows Vista the partition had to be 1.5 GB.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Hide your 100mb system reserved volume with diskpart        Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:25 am 
Donator

WinPC wrote:
I would NOT delete the recovery partition unless it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, since it holds a backup of some of your system's most vital software, most notably drivers, some of which may be more difficult to find with it deleted, also, it might be harder to restore your system in the event of anything involving data loss without it present.

It also might contain utilities for diagnosing problems with your system, so in most cases, I would keep the recovery partition.

You can get the drivers online, but also as I said, the recovery disk is a copy of a recovery partition so very little to no harm is done...

Top  Profile