BetaArchive Logo
Archive Size: 9.44TB (8.58TiB) in N/A files
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 9h, 29m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 3791MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm 
Administrator

Lately I've been seeing an increasing amount of wrongly posted support topics in "Computer discussion". BetaArchive has dedicated support forums (namely "Software/Application/Game Support and Discussion" and "Hardware Support and Discussion") and I urge members to pay more attention to our forum structure. The "Computer discussion" forum is for general computer-related topics, not support questions of any kind.

I've already sent out a multitide of warnings and attentions to members but it seems that more and more members ignore the fact that we have support forums and this has become too much of an annoyance. If this ignorance continues I will start deleting support topics found in any other forums than the dedicated support areas.

If you need support and want members to help you then please post it where it belongs, it doesn't take long to figure out where

Also, this is a beta and abandonware forum, try to keep your support questions related to those. There are far better forums for your general hardware and software issues which are more likely to help you, and more important, do some research yourself before you ask. It's very simple and saves all of us a lot of time.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 pm 
FTP Access

It depends. Which one of me are we talking about?

Favourite OS
Yah but not all forums are as good as BA. We should be able to have some hardware and software issues questions. Perhaps making the support forums for only people with over... lets say... 100 posts, might help. As mrpijey said, Remember to use Google, first.

Offtopic: I like this forum better because it loads quick on Dial-up, most other forums are so slow.

>Formerly known as Danielcarlhaffner<

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:08 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
danielcarlhaffner wrote:
Offtopic: I like this forum better because it loads quick on Dial-up, most other forums are so slow.

This is one thing we pride ourselves for :) I hate slow sites, speed is of high importance to me and has been for many years.

Back on topic:
Although we're better than some other sites, we don't have as much knowledge in some areas that you could easily get elsewhere. We're not a general purpose forum (as much as we'd like to be). We focus on the subject at hand; Betas and Abandonware.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm 
FTP Access

Yea it tends to get annoying to see People needing help with their computers in the homepage over and over again. Wish we had a live chat service for this kind of reason.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:18 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Sorry if its me.. :( Its just that I cant post in certain fourms because I need Advanced Membership..

http://windowsisos.freeforums.org/index.php Windows ISO's Fourm (My Fourm) (Need Moderators!)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 ultimate SP1
Dean235 wrote:
Sorry if its me.. :( Its just that I cant post in certain fourms because I need Advanced Membership..

There is a reason that you need advanced membership to post in some forums, you can't just post it somewhere else just because you are not an advanced member.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 pm 
Donator

Dean235 wrote:

You could have applied by now, don't you think?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:06 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Service Pack 3
DeFacto wrote:
Dean235 wrote:

You could have applied by now, don't you think?
Well I dont even think half my posts are even contributing, and I was permanently banned because my browser kept refreshing while I was applying for FTP Access, luckily Andy unbanned me and I am on my last chance here and I dont want to spoil that.

http://windowsisos.freeforums.org/index.php Windows ISO's Fourm (My Fourm) (Need Moderators!)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Do your posts in the proper forum sections!        Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
GuyWithTheDuelDisk wrote:
Yea it tends to get annoying to see People needing help with their computers in the homepage over and over again. Wish we had a live chat service for this kind of reason.
As far as a live chat feature is concerned, I'm afraid it might result in people seeing an oppurtunity to flame each other, especially considering that this is a relatively large community.

If people want to chat with each other, the best way to do it is by way of such a service as MSN/Windows Live, or something similar - this community is certainly no place for it.

While it may be a good idea in theory, it wouldn't work out well at all in practice.

Top  Profile  WWW