BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 37d, 21h, 42m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 4192MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Bypass "welcome" in welcome screen? [XP]        Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
Hello,

Anybody knows how to change inprinted "Welcome" to a XP logo?
I've messing in UIFILE, but i didn't make any changes, and when i del it from scripting line (because i was thought it would be changed) i have any logo and any caption.

Should I mess in somewhere else? msgina or shell32? Or elsewhere?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Bypass "welcome" in welcome screen? [XP]        Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Any early Chicago
IIRC it is actually text, it would take a bit more than modifying a resource to make it an image. What you could do is look up some guides on how to modify the welcome screen text and then remove the text followed by editing in whatever logo you want into the default background image.

how to change the text: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-wind ... t-entries/

how to change the background: (I leave this to Google for yourself)

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Bypass "welcome" in welcome screen? [XP]        Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:51 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
It's not actually what I want to do.

Service packs 2 and 3 have inprint "welcome" on logon screen, that's blue welcome panel.
Probably sp0 and 1 (ofc the whistler builds with luna) had windows logo:

Original:

I have this:

The reason why I want do this, because I want to replace the 127 static bitmap from XPs logonui with 127 bitmap which had few in series - that's our animation from 2474 build logon screen.

As I said tried to mess in UIFILE, and in script line. I can said it's possible. But i now I can't find to do that.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Bypass "welcome" in welcome screen? [XP]        Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Service Pack 3
try winlogin.exe or msgina.dll

http://windowsisos.freeforums.org/index.php Windows ISO's Fourm (My Fourm) (Need Moderators!)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Bypass "welcome" in welcome screen? [XP]        Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
why i must use the resource of windows branding? i don't see your point.

Top  Profile  WWW