BetaArchive Logo
Archive Size: 8.67TB (7.89TiB) in 24539 files
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 4h, 37m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 4468MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Hello everyone! I will be creating a new desktop enviroment called MGalaxy. MGalaxy is a cool new desktop enviroment that will be used in HeinanOS and Linux. Currently, development have just started so please do not expect the source code or any binaries to be released.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:35 am 
FTP Access

Cool. Could you post a screenshot of what it is supposed to look like? Maybe just a concept? :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
4.10.2222A
prayaas1998 wrote:
Cool. Could you post a screenshot of what it is supposed to look like? Maybe just a concept? :)

Yeah i agree. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian
Dis gun be gud. How are you going to go about accomplishing this? What language are you programming it in? What are you making it look like? Any concepts? Any features to set it apart from KDE/GNOME3/XFCE/LXDE/MATE?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09 pm 
Donator

Fanculo (anche conosciuto come Quel Paese)
Any code?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 build 9200
CaptainPeanut wrote:
Any code?

Terra854 wrote:
Hello everyone! I will be creating a new desktop enviroment called MGalaxy. MGalaxy is a cool new desktop enviroment that will be used in HeinanOS and Linux. Currently, development have just started so please do not expect the source code or any binaries to be released.

500 GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit, Windows Blue 32-bit
Firefox Beta (20.0)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm 
Donator

Fanculo (anche conosciuto come Quel Paese)
Anyway, to get it on HeinanOS, you'll have to integrate X11 server.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
CaptainPeanut wrote:
Anyway, to get it on HeinanOS, you'll have to integrate X11 server.

Not sure about this. But i may end up coding a new graphics server. BTW i have created a browser to go with MGalaxy called Saturn. Saturn is based on Chromium and it will be simple, fast and elegant. I will also include a file and ftp manager called Voyager, for the rest, haven't decided yet. Source code is available on GitHub. Type MGalaxy and click on Terra854/MGalaxy. I will soon upload the source code(repo is empty now.)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Pro MCE
Is MGalaxy still in GitHub?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Yes. The project is in GitHub.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Hello everyone. Some updates on MGalaxy, I will soon upload the source code to GitHub. Source code is only available for the Saturn browser. But i will upload the rest of the code soon.BEWARE THAT THE SOURCE CODE IS ESTIMATED TO BE 4 GB IN SIZE(Attempts are done to reduce the size.)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 2
Terra854: I'm waiting:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
smartboyhw wrote:
Terra854: I'm waiting:)

Sorry about that. My computer is not available.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:50 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Hey guys! I have just created a project page in Launchpad. I will soon upload the source code to GitHub! If everything goes as planned. The code will be ready by midnight. Singapore time.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:07 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Sorry to keep you guys waiting. The source code is approximately 5.2 GB(Saturn browser alone). Right now, I am now having trouble posting the source code due to the big size. Don't worry, I will try to post it by latest end-October.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:18 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4001 & Chakra Linux
Hm, I am interested to know why source code is so big....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
He copy-pasted Chromium source code (1.6 GB) in four different folders and then he put them in a compressed archive...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Wrong. I have to decompress the whole source code(which took more than 4 hours). Then, I have to commit it to my local repository which may take half a day. Then, it will take almost overnight to upload the code. Worse, my exam season is coming(as I am a 13 year old). So there are so many roadblocks. But don't worry, I will try to upload the code by end-October.

Offtopic Comment
By the way I was a 12 year old when i joined BetaArchive.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4001 & Chakra Linux
Ok, thanks for the explanation...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:02 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Pro MCE
Terra854 wrote:
Wrong. I have to decompress the whole source code(which took more than 4 hours). Then, I have to commit it to my local repository which may take half a day. Then, it will take almost overnight to upload the code. Worse, my exam season is coming(as I am a 13 year old). So there are so many roadblocks. But don't worry, I will try to upload the code by end-October.

Offtopic Comment

Did you write this from scratch or modify the code for Chromium? Whats it to do with Heinan OS and Linux?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
john11 wrote:
Terra854 wrote:

Offtopic Comment

Did you write this from scratch or modify the code for Chromium? Whats it to do with Heinan OS and Linux?

I modified the code from Chromium. It will be a GUI for HeinanOS and Linux
By the way, I am going to upload the source code in stages. Starting today, the Chromium source code will be uploaded into the repo. I did some modifications to the code by removing unnessecary files (all the .svn folders).

By the way, anybody can code MGalaxy, just fork the repo via GitHub (account required), modify it and then, make a pull request in the GitHub project page. I will review the code and then commit it to the repo. Do not do this now as i am uploading the source code. Any pull request during this period WILL BE REJECTED IMMEDIATELY!

All the best.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
NOTICE!

MGalaxy will be coded in the Qt framework. Which means that you need C++ experience to contribute. By the way the source code will be soon finishing uploading soon(just having mishaps with my Git client). So hang on tight!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:11 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
got any screenshots of this "Enviroment" ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
I haven't even coded the components yet! Only Saturn is available at the moment.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MGalaxy Desktop Enviroment        Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Ok. Now very soon, I am going to upload the final part of the code for Saturn. Soon you will be able to start developing right away!

Do note that you must have all the Qt libraries in order to compile the code with the exception of Saturn.

Top  Profile  WWW