BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 32d, 3h, 58m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 6471MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:52 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
I have a K810i (Sony Ericsson) mobile. Only problem is I have forgotten the Phone code and I am stuck on what it is.

Is there any way of recovering the phone code, or wiping it. If I can not get any suggestions which are free, I will go to a shop in my locality which can unlock it for me.

Firmware version is the latest I believe.

Note: THIS IS NOT THE SIM PIN CODE! Please don't say get a PUK as that will not work!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:33 pm 
Donator

Depends what you're actually talking about. Speaking of reset codes, I never knew the ones on any of my Nokia's, but all reset codes on my LG KS360 are the same. "0000"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:44 pm 
FTP Access

have you checked your phone manual sometimes they have the phone code in there and how to unlock it have you tried ringing up your network to see if they can unlock it

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm 
FTP Access

Check out Universal Simlock Remover (USR). Its a free set of software tools used to remove the SP Lock set by service providers. It may or may not support your phone though, some only need a data cable, otherwise you're stuck with paying to have the phone unlocked or paying the provider for the SP code.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Just to emphasize the point

It has nothing to do with the SIM card! This is the actual phone lock code itself!

(Sorry if it appears I am shouting)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 pm 
FTP Access

it might unlock your phone code too you never know as he said its got some tools it might have one for removing phone codes

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
skywalker06 wrote:
it might unlock your phone code too you never know as he said its got some tools it might have one for removing phone codes

I downloaded it and had a look. Nothing there that will either support my phone or unlock phone code.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 am 
FTP Access

The SP Lock code or Sim Lock code which is set by the service provider to lock a phone to a specific network is also refered to as the phone unlock code. As you specifically stated that is was not the PUK, used to unblock a phone after repeted pin attempt failures then you must be refering to the Sim Lock as those two locks are usually the only ones present on a mobile phone (well 3 if you include PIN2/PUK2). Perhaps you mught enlighten us to exactly what the problem is and what this code is suppose to do as your original post is rather vague in that respect.

SIM PIN restricts sim access, unlocked with PUK
SIM PIN2 restricts phone/feature access, unlocked with PUK2
SIM LOCK (Master Subsidy Lock) restricts network access, unlocked with SP LOCK code

Last edited by OG on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:13 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Phone Lock Code.

You can have 2 different Locks on your phone; 1 that is set with the Sim Card, and one that is a Security Code for the Phone itself.

On some phones near the battery, their is a small gap with about a 10mm deep hole, if your phone has it, grab a paperclip (or a sewing needle) and hold it in there for around 3 seconds, it will re-boot the phone up without the Phone Code, but it wont reset it.

Other then that, I have no idea.

And to the people who are questioning what he is talking about; It has nothing to do with a Service Provider, Lock-in Mobile Network Code, Sim Card Code, or anything else like that! it's the same as setting a Password on your Computer in the BIOS, but unlike a computer, it isn't as easy as flicking a jumper to reset it.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:17 am 
FTP Access

In that case he's talking about PIN2 which will require paying someone with the right equipment and software to change or reset the PIN2 code, or send the phone into a Sony Service Center. It's not a DIY job.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:21 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
OG wrote:
In that case he's talking about PIN2 which will require paying someone with the right equipment and software to change or reset the PIN2 code, or send the phone into a Sony Service Center. It's not a DIY job.

Depends on what type of phone it is also.

Some phones you can do a temp reset to bypass the Phone Lock, and some Phones don't always have it as "Pin 2".

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Recover the Phone code for Sony Ericsson K810i        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:28 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Moreorless. Call it PIN2 or whatever.

I will probably take it in to that shop I mentioned tomorrow.

Top  Profile  WWW