BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 18h, 10m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 5211MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8 9200
Ludacris wrote:
Call me Captain Obvious, but I don't really think that this ISO is a legit MS ISO... (just by the name, havent even downloaded the build yet)

For sure it isn't a legit ISO!! It would be not legit before it's released, maybe in June at the MS Developers Conferences?!

Windows 8 Pro WMC

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
FTP Access

...How on earth? Based on the filename..?

I mean there's jumping to conclusions and then there's wild fantastical flights of insane. This is downloadable and demonstratably a new build.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
Ludacris wrote:
Call me Captain Obvious, but I don't really think that this ISO is a legit MS ISO... (just by the name, havent even downloaded the build yet)
Off topic I know, but I haven't seen you here in a while. :)

Regarding the .ISO image, I don't really know where it came from or how it was compiled, unfortunately.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:48 am 
Donator

I didn't plan on installing this one but then thought I'd try something new... a Upgrade install from the desktop of 8.1 b9374 x86.

From hitting the "install" button to the desktop took 32 minutes on my clunky test rig2 (real hardware).
Found a couple of ugly text bugs going this route (1 is attached below).
Also dumping the Windows.old folder was a bit of a PITA.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
reimar wrote:
Ludacris wrote:

For sure it isn't a legit ISO!! It would be not legit before it's released, maybe in June at the MS Developers Conferences?!

Microsoft doesn’t make multilingual ISOs.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:37 pm 
Donator

Some proof that this is not the original partner ISO, but rather an edit:

Possible friends chain:
Quote:
Polish partners guys (original x86 and x64 ISOs) --> WinClub guys: Polish handmade language pack (original x86 and/or x64 ISOs) --> Painter from PCPortal: Russian handmade translation (original x86 ISO and PL language pack) --> Fake x64 leak (fake x64 ISO) --> Public leak on PCPortal: on May Day, International Worker's Day (modified x86 ISO with integrated PL and RU language packs) --> WinClub.PL mirror on MEGA (modified x86 ISO with integrated PL and RU language packs)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.2.9200
No 8.1 for me :(
Code:
Your PC needs to restart.
Please hold down the power button.
Error Code: 0x0000005C
Parameters:
0x00000110
0x05250631
0x0000000E
0xC000000D

I doubt the official Preview will work on my laptop :/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8 9200
Seems to be an ACPI error!

Check here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2508054

Windows 8 Pro WMC

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:52 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.2.9200
I am not using a 64-bit system ;)
The link you provided is for Windows Server 2008 R2, that was available only as 64-bit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
AlphaBeta wrote:
Code:
Parameters:
0x00000110
0x05250631
0x0000000E
0xC000000D

It sounds to me like you need to enable support for the "NX bit" in your system's BIOS. Many people also experienced similar problems trying to install Windows 8 on their systems as far back as the Release Preview (when the requirement was first introduced).

There's lots of information online about enabling the NX bit, which is a relatively easy process anyway, so I don't think that I need to post it here. Just a tip - the "NX bit" is also known as "Never Execute", just to clear up any confusion.

If you're still having problems, though, or there is no NX bit mentioned in the BIOS settings, then you should first check to see if your system's processor supports it. If your processor supports it, then most likely, what you need is a BIOS upgrade. If not, then you will simply have to upgrade your processor if possible, or find a new PC if it isn't possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:39 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.2.9200
WinPC wrote:
AlphaBeta wrote:
Code:
Parameters:
0x00000110
0x05250631
0x0000000E
0xC000000D

It sounds to me like you need to enable support for the "NX bit" in your system's BIOS. Many people also experienced similar problems trying to install Windows 8 on their systems as far back as the Release Preview (when the requirement was first introduced).

There's lots of information online about enabling the NX bit, which is a relatively easy process anyway, so I don't think that I need to post it here. Just a tip - the "NX bit" is also known as "Never Execute", just to clear up any confusion.

If you're still having problems, though, or there is no NX bit mentioned in the BIOS settings, then you should first check to see if your system's processor supports it. If your processor supports it, then most likely, what you need is a BIOS upgrade. If not, then you will simply have to upgrade your processor if possible, or find a new PC if it isn't possible.

Windows 8 works normally on the laptop ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Since you're obviously running the current version of Windows 8 (from what I see, anyway), and not an earlier pre-release version, then I would say that it has to do with a compatibility issue that Windows 8.1 has with your system.

Did you try installing the earlier builds first, one by one, and each in chronological order (as in Build 9364 first, then Build 9369, then Build 9374, and then finally Build 9385), just to see if it's possible to see which build is the first to experience this problem on your system, or even whether Windows 8.1 will run at all? That might help you a great deal, I think.

If any of the earlier builds work, then you might try running the Windows Setup for the later build from the earlier build's installation, just to see whether that works.

Also, if you still have trouble, then you might try a BIOS upgrade as a last resort.

Finally, if you're still having trouble installing Windows 8.1 on your system, and the problem is not fixed by the time that the Public Preview is officially released, then I would personally recommend contacting Microsoft about this, and also to send them as much information about your system's hardware as possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:29 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 6801, 8.x, 10
WinPC wrote:
I would personally recommend contacting Microsoft about this, and also to send them as much information about your system's hardware as possible.

You seriously think that Microsoft would help him to get a pre-release build that is not meant for the public running? I'd like to see that happening...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.2.9200
WinPC wrote:
If any of the earlier builds work, then you might try running the Windows Setup for the later build from the earlier build's installation, just to see whether that works.

All x86 builds gave me a BSOD about some kernel-mode exception. Only 9385 can't load the HAL.
________
Wheatley wrote:
WinPC wrote:
I would personally recommend contacting Microsoft about this, and also to send them as much information about your system's hardware as possible.

You seriously think that Microsoft would help him to get a pre-release build that is not meant for the public running? I'd like to see that happening...
WinPC wrote:
Finally, if you're still having trouble installing Windows 8.1 on your system, and the problem is not fixed by the time that the Public Preview is officially released, then I would personally recommend contacting Microsoft about this, and also to send them as much information about your system's hardware as possible.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 6801, 8.x, 10
AlphaBeta wrote:
WinPC wrote:

All x86 builds gave me a BSOD about some kernel-mode exception. Only 9385 can't load the HAL.
________
Wheatley wrote:
WinPC wrote:

WinPC wrote:

Oh I misread that, how dumb of me. Idiot corner time for me...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:09 pm 

AlphaBeta wrote:
Windows 8 works normally on the laptop ;)

There happens to be some new requirements for the CPU cause if anyone remembers this error happening with 9374 in VBox, the solution is to just simply change the guest to Windows 8 x64 though it is x86

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP MCE 2005
AlphaBeta wrote:
WinPC wrote:

AlphaBeta, What CPU does your computer have?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.2.9200
MSUser2013 wrote:
AlphaBeta wrote:
WinPC wrote:

Intel Core Duo T2250 @ 1.73 GHz

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 pm 
Donator

Credits for h0x0d for finding 'panorama feature' (EnableAllCamerasForPano).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP MCE 2005
AlphaBeta wrote:
MSUser2013 wrote:

It seems to support Windows 8 since it has NX-bit, The leaked Windows 8.1 Builds kernel is similar to Windows 8 Kernel, So i don't exactly know why 8.1 isn't working for you, Maybe i can try this build on my Toshiba laptop which has an Intel Core Duo T2050 CPU and see if it works on there, But i won't be getting that laptop until later since it's in my Dad's office ATM, If it doesn't work, Then i'll assume they added some instruction in the kernel that isn't implemented in the Core Duo, Either that or x86 support in 8.1 is broken and requires a 64-bit CPU to work, Considering the Core Duo is an x86-only CPU and you need to set the Guest OS to Windows 8 x64 for this to work under VirtualBox

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MSUser2013 wrote:
AlphaBeta wrote:
MSUser2013 wrote:

It seems to support Windows 8 since it has NX-bit, The leaked Windows 8.1 Builds kernel is similar to Windows 8 Kernel, So i don't exactly know why 8.1 isn't working for you, Maybe i can try this build on my Toshiba laptop which has an Intel Core Duo T2050 CPU and see if it works on there, But i won't be getting that laptop until later since it's in my Dad's office ATM, If it doesn't work, Then i'll assume they added some instruction in the kernel that isn't implemented in the Core Duo, Either that or x86 support in 8.1 is broken and requires a 64-bit CPU to work, Considering the Core Duo is an x86-only CPU and you need to set the Guest OS to Windows 8 x64 for this to work under VirtualBox
Are you sure that it's even a 32-bit build, then, and not just a mislabeled 64-bit build? Of course, there's the System Properties, but if there's a bug that causes the architecture to be misreported, then I wouldn't be surprised.

And as for VirtualBox, it only supports any version of Windows 8 when the system has hardware-assisted virtualization, otherwise, it simply fails, regardless of the architectures involved.

Also, AlphaBeta, is it possible, then, as a last resort, that you could try installing another copy of Windows 8 first (so as not to harm your current installation), and then to try installing from there, rather than booting from it directly?

If that doesn't work, then I would still suggest trying a BIOS upgrade. If that still doesn't work, then you might have to wait until Microsoft releases the Pro Preview publically so that you could try reporting your system's error message

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP MCE 2005
WinPC wrote:
Are you sure that it's even a 32-bit build, then, and not just a mislabeled 64-bit build? Of course, there's the System Properties, but if there's a bug that causes the architecture to be misreported, then I wouldn't be surprised.

It's an actual x86 build, Works just fine on PCs with x64 CPUs, But most people are having issues getting it to work on PCs with x86-only CPUs, Even if they support NX-bit, So maybe MS accidentally added an x64 file in the build causing that issue, Either that, Or they added some CPU instruction in the kernel that's only in Core 2 Duo or newer CPUs, Similar to how Whistler Build 2250 and newer dropped support for 486 CPUs

WinPC wrote:
And as for VirtualBox, it only supports any version of Windows 8 when the system has hardware-assisted virtualization, otherwise, it simply fails, regardless of the architectures involved.

Whistler4Ever wrote:
There happens to be some new requirements for the CPU cause if anyone remembers this error happening with 9374 in VBox, the solution is to just simply change the guest to Windows 8 x64 though it is x86

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
MSUser2013 wrote:
WinPC wrote:

It's an actual x86 build, Works just fine on PCs with x64 CPUs, But most people are having issues getting it to work on PCs with x86-only CPUs, Even if they support NX-bit, So maybe MS accidentally added an x64 file in the build causing that issue, Either that, Or they added some CPU instruction in the kernel that's only in Core 2 Duo or newer CPUs, Similar to how Whistler Build 2250 and newer dropped support for 486 CPUs

WinPC wrote:

Whistler4Ever wrote:
Regarding VirtualBox, as far as I know, again, that solution would only work if the system supports hardware-assisted virtualization. VirtualBox simply has no support for Windows 8 when only software-based virtualization is available - believe me, I tried installing Windows 8 Developer Preview within VirtualBox on my PC (which has no hardware-assisted virtualization), and it failed completely.

Even worse, when I looked online for help, it said somewhere that Windows 8 is only supported on VirtualBox if the system has hardware-assisted virtualization, which mine doesn't have. At least that's how I remember it. I mean, if VirtualBox has somehow been updated since then to allow for running Windows 8 without hardware-assisted virtualization, then I must have somehow missed it, but even then, I doubt it, considering that Windows 8 was already publically available from Microsoft by the time that I last tried it in VirtualBox itself.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:32 am 
Donator

I changed something (don't remember what exactly) in registery and now MovieMoments looks like this:

Normally it looks like this ...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows Blue Build 9385 x86 (EN/PL/RU) Multilingu        Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 ultimate SP1
Movie Moments looks exactly like that for me too!
It used to look like the other image you linked, after using it for some time, it looked like the first image, without changing any registry values.
EDIT: Here's a picture:
In the about section it says "version: 6.3.9394" :OD

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next