BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 38d, 11h, 46m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 4593MB of 12279MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp FP15
I have a bunch of Windows 3.x and OS/2 software that I'd like to share. Here's the list of what to look for on the FTP one of these days.

Windows Stuff:
Lotus Smartsuite 96 (IIRC the last 16-bit version of SmartSuite. Shipped with a beta version of SmartSuite for OS/2)
Lotus Improv 2.0 + 2.1 update disks (An innovative spreadsheet that's more powerful AND easier to use than most normal ones but never caught on)

OS/2 Stuff:
Describe 5 Voyager Edition (Describe 5 word processor + Mesa/2 spreadsheet)
Trials of Battle (3D action game with primitive graphics but cool gameplay)
Microlearn Game Pack 2 (A bunch of cool casual games with decent graphics and a high addiction factor)
Lotus Smartsuite 96/97 beta (Beta versions of WordPro and 1-2-3)
Lotus Smartsuite 97 final (The whole package. Approach is buggy but the rest works fine.)

If people are interested, I can start uploading tomorrow.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:11 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1 & Windows 95
madcrow wrote:
Windows Stuff:
Lotus Smartsuite 96 (IIRC the last 16-bit version of SmartSuite. Shipped with a beta version of SmartSuite for OS/2)
Lotus Improv 2.0 + 2.1 update disks (An innovative spreadsheet that's more powerful AND easier to use than most normal ones but never caught on)

Interested in both! :-D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp 4 (14.098b_W4)
I would love the OS/2 software, OS/2 is an awesome OS and I've been looking for the actual OS/2 install disks since the install on my OS/2 laptop is corrupt.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:30 am 
Administrator

compgeke wrote:
I would love the OS/2 software, OS/2 is an awesome OS and I've been looking for the actual OS/2 install disks since the install on my OS/2 laptop is corrupt.

You do know we got plenty of OS/2 versions on BA right? Download one of them, grab a pack of floppies (I am sure you can find some somewhere) and restore the floppies.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:08 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp 4 (14.098b_W4)
I was referring to the Smart Suite, although now that I re-read my post I realize I wasn't clear, my fault there. The version I'm running on the old laptop works fine, it's Smart Suite that's broken.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp FP15
Well, I've upped the Lotus stuff plus Describe. Expect it on the FTP whenever the mods move stuff over next.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp FP15
Grrr. I upped my stuf to the upload account and added finished as required over a week ago. My stuff (and a whole ton other stuff) is sitting around unmoved. How often do things get moved to the main account.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 pm 
Donator

They get moved as often as mrpijey has time to process the uploads.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 am 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Im going to try this...

I dont know why but OS\2 is mainly used for cash machines?? A hacker could easily get into that (there is a special combination)

http://windowsisos.freeforums.org/index.php Windows ISO's Fourm (My Fourm) (Need Moderators!)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:21 am 
Donator

OS/2 doesn't really get used, it's just about extinct these days. Most things that would have embedded OS/2 now use Windows CE.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OFFER: Various Win16 and OS/2 software        Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
Dean235 wrote:
Im going to try this...

I dont know why but OS\2 is mainly used for cash machines?? A hacker could easily get into that (there is a special combination)
Well, let's just say that such places as Stop and Shop continue to use it on their systems to this day (as far as I know, both, OS/2 2.x/Warp 3.0 and OS/2 Warp 4.0).

Also, if you're looking for OS/2 support, try contacting os2fan2 (formerly os2fan before she reregistered her account here), since she has not only worked with OS/2 quite a bit, but still does so to this day (with her experience and involvement in OS/2 being the first portion of her user name, obviously).

Top  Profile  WWW